Monday, June 10, 2024

The Highland Tale; The King Act Zero Scene Three

 

DECLARATION

ACT ZERO

SCENE THREE

 

MacBeth sat by himself at his chamber; or rather new chamber suite for King. He was then the King of the Highlands, having the throne handed to him by the nobles and Thanes. It was an honour to be the King but his mind was on one matter.

“I am here, MacBeth.” The voice intruded into MacBeth’s thoughts. He looked up and saw the lady standing there.

“Elleanor … I was to say Lady Elleanor. I ….” MacBeth corrected himself.

“You look pleasant in the King’s attire.” Lady Elleanor told him. She was dressed in the yellow off shoulder gown with the green stripes at the hems. She did a curtsy bow to the King.

“Do not …... oh, please, Elleanor. Please be seated.” MacBeth rushed towards the lady. He searched for a seat and found several but he offered her was his seat then.

“Please be seated.” MacBeth pulled Elleanor to the seat. “I wanted …...”

“The duty of the Thane was heavier with the death of King Duncan at your castle. I can understand the enquiry into the murder and then the coronation. I hailed you as my ……” Lady Elleanor was interrupted by the King who knelt before her.

“My King ….”

“No, Elleanor. I am not your King. I am …. Indebted to you. And I should not have ……” MacBeth tried to find the words.

“Hush, my King, you are the King and I will do anything to please you.”

“Elleanor, hear me out. I …... I should not have that night. It was just I felt so ……much in need of ….” MacBeth tears welled up. “Mary was not there.”

“Mary is dead, MacBeth. And I …... could not replaced her.” Elleanor took a lump in her. “I was just …...”

“It was unfair ……. No, it was a mis-understanding of mine. You are not any …… lady in the court, and I should had been more ……” MacBeth struggled with his words. “I am disappointed in myself. I should have ……”

“Was it prudent to be pure? Perhaps I was. It was not …. the rare ones are me. I had not thought of love or the acts of it for a long time. All I ever cared was ……” Elleanor sighed. “An old maid I was to be.”

“No, you cared for me. I did not see it or I was too blind. I should had seen it in you from years ago.” MacBeth looked at Eleanor. “I denied myself for you…...”

“You were in love to Mary.” Elleanor told him. “I saw it then and ……”

“Yes, I was. I think it is time for me to move on. And I choose you.” MacBeth looked at Elleanor. “Will you accept me?”

“I need …... time.” Elleanor told the other.

“Time? I am committed to you, Elleanor. I was foolish that night, but I will make it up you.” MacBeth looked at the lady. “Be my Queen.”

“Elleanor, you brought me to a new level of courage. I may be a leader of men in the battle, but I was not prepared that night. You showed me the way. You made me believe in my prophecy.”

“I was …...” Elleanor felt pressure of the event.

“I was …. Devastated inside then. I had served, fought, and wounded myself for Duncan but to topple him, left me …. drained, if I may confess.” MacBeth looked at the lady. “You brought me the new purpose in my life. I could only do it if you are with me.”

“No, you are who you are. I did not make you King but your destiny was to be one. Duncan could had been killed by others but you did it.” Elleanor told him. “Only one who was worthy to be King can kill another.”

“Will you then be my Queen?” Elleanor was asked


No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...