Tuesday, June 4, 2024

The Highland Tale; The King Act Two Scene Two Sub Act Three

 

THE SCENE BEHIND THE CURTAIN

ACT TWO

SCENE TWO

SUB ACT THREE

 

MacBeth had lain on the bedding, but sleep eluded him. He was like a child, having awakened from a nightmare. It was then that he heard noises.

“Where is that knocking coming from? What is wrong with me that every noise terrifies me?” MacBeth looked at his hands. They appeared normal, yet he felt that they were alive and uncontrolled by him.

“Whose hands are these?” MacBeth called out, and then Lady Elleanor had returned. He raised his hands toward the lady.

"Look …... Look the hands are in my eyes. They are unclean. The blood would not come off.” MacBeth called out. The bowl-stained crimson, turning the water entirely red.”

Elleanor saw that the man was crumbling into defeat. It was humiliating then. She then took the matter into her own hands.

“Your hands are red like yours, but I’d be ashamed if my heart were as bloodless and cowardly as yours.” Elleanor approached him. “You are MacBeth, General and Thane.”

The noise of a heavy knock was heard.

“I hear knocking at the south gate. It is a change of guards. We cannot be seen outside anymore. I must return to our chamber.”

“Do not leave me, Mary. I am scared.” MacBeth whimpered. Elleanor approached the man and hugged him.

“Lay with me tonight; I am in need of you.” MacBeth spoke out softly. He moved to the side to allow space for the lady. Elleanor climbed in to lay next to him. He moved closer to her and held his arms over her chest.

“I ….” MacBeth mumbled, and his right hand moved over the lady’s chest. Elleanor had not much experience, then felt uncomfortable, but the feel of the other was reaching into her soul. She lay there unmoving, feeling the hands roving over her chest.

“I have...” MacBeth was telling, and Elleanor hushed him. She grabbed his hand to place it on her left breast. He felt the softness and recalled it. He kneaded the flesh there above the gown, and she shuddered at the feel. He needed to feel more and pulled at the neckline, but she stopped him.

“Let me.” Elleanor said this and moved her body to raise the gown to her neck. The man, then, having felt the warmth of the flesh, took to rolling onto her on the side. His hand continued the feel and soon moved downward. It reached her belly button and is still moving.

“My Lord, are you...” The guard stood there at the doorway to the chamber. He saw the couple on the bed and lowered his head. “I am sorry, my Lord. The door was not closed.”

“Leave us.” MacBeth gave the command. The guard closed the door upon exiting. Elleanor sighed and took off, but MacBeth pulled at her arm.

“Please do not. I …...” MacBeth pleaded.

“They will talk.” Elleanor said.

“Let it be. I am still the Thane; let them talk before me, and I will have their tongue removed.” MacBeth looked at the lady. “Stay with me here tonight. Tomorrow, we have a trial to attend.”

 

 

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...