Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act One Scene Two Sub-Scene Three

 

Act One

Scene Two

Sub-Scene Three

The bitch is dead.

 

“It is not him; it is the Queen.” Charmian stood up. They all did and awaited the Queen. Cleop entered, still dressed in the silk gown, as she approached the table.

“Have you seen Mark Antony?” The Queen asked.

“No, Queen.” Enobarbus replied. He hesitated to say what he was not at her chamber, but keeping Mom on those lines may have saved him from being made mute.

“Was he not here? I have...” Cleop had stepped out of her sleep and found him missing.

“No, my Queen. We did not see him.” Charmian said. “Perhaps …...”

“He was not in the mood for fun and games, but then he suddenly... “Cleop did not elaborate. “He started thinking about Rome.”

“Enobarbus! Find him and bring him here. Where's Alexas?” Cleop was in a foul mood.

“I am at your service, my Queen. I can see Mark Antony approaching.”

“Attend to me now. I will not see him today. Get my bath ready.” The Queen gave her command. All three maids rushed to their task.

“We best leave now.” Enobarbus told the others. “The weather here had changed badly.”

Mark Antony stepped into the hall and saw it was empty then. He had brought Jeeves there to get some drinks and food. He saw some other servants there and told them to bring food and drinks to Jeeves.

“Tell me of the message.” Mark asked Jeeves.

“Your wife, Fulvia, first entered the battlefield. She ……” Jeeves was cut off.

“She was fighting with her brother Lucius. Stupid woman.” Mark was upset. He left her to oversee the territory of his there in Rome.

“Yes, but that fight was soon over, and the situation forced them to make friends and combine forces to fight against... Caesar. But Caesar won the very first battle and drove them out of Rome.”

“Well, what worse news could you have than that? She is alive and has left Rome. Is she coming here?”

“When a messenger delivers bad news, people usually hate him for it.” Jeeves put down the drink he was having. He could have had the drink earlier, but he had to settle his boner then. The maid was enticing, but the main dish was ravishing. He had never experienced a darker figure before.

“Only if they are fools or cowards.” Mark cut into Jeeves Day dream, “Continue with your news. I do not get upset about things that are already over and done with.”

“This is how it is: if someone tells me the truth, then I appreciate what he has to say, even if he brings terrible news.” Mark looked away from the outside. He had good times here and was about to forget all about Rome.

And Fulvia.

“Fuck!” Mark snapped out.

“The Visigoth... it is terrible news. They seized the Eastern Ports with the Parthian army.” That was a part of Mark Antony’s territory. “Caesar did not stop him. They conquered all the territory from Euphrates Street to Syrian Quarters, then to Lydia and to Ionia Street.”

It was like half of Mark Antony’s territory.

“Caesar did not raise any of the boys to get it back. And he did all go without a fight, and they were all asking... while...

“You were about to say, "While Antony... I was on a task here for Caesar.”

“Tell me more of the ruth. Do not downplay the boys’ opinion of me. They think I am... Speak about the Queen here. Tell me the way they speak about her in Rome.” Mark was upset. "Tell me in those harsh words that I may... Fulvia may use me. Mock my faults as fully as possible, whether you want to speak the truth or want to be malicious. Call me a prick in the face. “

“Sir, I...”

“Do not shit in your pants, Jeeves. I will not shoot you. We create all kinds of problems when we sit back and do not use our abilities, and when other people criticize us, they help us become productive again.”

Sir, I...” It was then that another messenger arrived. He was from Mark Antony’s territory and was assigned to protect Lady Fulvia. Mark Antony turned towards Jeeves.

“Leave me now. Tell Caesar you met me. Goodbye.” Mark told Jeeves. The latter left by the side door when the second messenger stepped in.

“What news do you have from the lady? You there, speak.” Mark did not offer any drinks there.

“The messenger from the lady...”

“Well, is there one?” Mark asked. “Or do I need to put the gun at your head for you to speak?”

“He is outside waiting for you to call him in. “

“Let him come in.” Mark said. “I had my dose of bad news already. He can add on more; I will take it all.”

“Who are you? I do not know you.  The one who stepped in was older and did not look like a hitman or soldier of Rome.

“Your wife, Fulvia, is dead. I was...” The older man spoke.

“Where did she die?” Mark was stunned then.

“In Rome…… No, it was just outside of Rome. I was... This letter tells you how long she was sick, along with more important matters.” The older man handed the letter over.

“Leave me now.”

 

 

 


 

Act One

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...