Tuesday, June 18, 2024

An alluring tale in the works......

 


The barge sailed down the river towards the palace and there Caesar was met by the alluring half-sister of Ptolemy

“Lady Cleop, Caesar.” 

“My honour, Lady Cleop.” Caesar was stunned by the beautiful lady standing before in the silky gown and a wide necklace of gold and jewel stones. Lady Cleop had her hair design; thick shoulder-length bob followed by a tripartite style, where three separate sections of hair were arranged down the back and in front of the shoulders, and a voluminous style, which covered most of the upper body.

“It is my honour to be with you.” Lady Cleop smiled. Her slight smile accompanies her direct eye contact, with a slow glance away she looked away towards the left, but still holding the smile.

“My pleasure.” Caesar was taken in by her beauty and manners.

“Please enjoy our hospitality, Caesar.” Lady Cleop then walked to her assigned seat, with small steps and delicately seated there. She was accompanied by three maids who stood next to her at the rear.

“How was Rome?”

“Fine, Lady Cleop. It is not as grand as Egypt.” Caesar smiled and then turned to Ptolemy. “What do you do for fun here at Egypt.”

“Music and love.” Lady Cleop cut in. “My apologies there. I should not have interrupted.”

“Not at all. I am ever willing to listen.” Caesar leaned forward to listen to the lady. “Voltaire once said; Beauty pleases the eyes only; sweetness of disposition charms the soul."

I confess..... Shakespeare have me by my ....... in these words, I will quote.

Romeo: “Oh, she does teach the torches to burn bright! It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night like a rich jewel in an Ethiops ear, beauty to rich for use, for earth too dear. - Did my heart love till now? Foreswear it sight for I never saw true beauty till this night.” Act 1, scene 5.

And it iat the half way marker now of 26K words......

Need I say more? Tally Ho.....


No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...