Thursday, June 13, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act One Scene Two Sub-Scene One

 

Act One

Scene Two

Sub-Scene One

The future is not ours to...

 

The servants of the palace had their hiatus in the servant’s hall, seated at the long table or laying across the old divan there. The mood was to talk about their Queen. And the boss.

They were Enobarbus, the loyal servant and guard of Mark Antony; he was there on his own request; he had it with Rome and the nefarious Caesar. He joined Mark Antony to get a new life scene. He brought the three mutes from Rome, loyal guards of the Boss: Rannius, Lucillius, and Lamprius. They had sworn an oath of silence to their boss. Philo and Demetrius were of the old guard and were not part of his dedicated guards.

They were not alone, for there were the other servants of the Queen, Charmian, Iras, and Alexas, chambermaids of the Queen, and loyalty to the Queen was undisputed. It was then the return of Mardian to the hall upon the completion of his task. He will not disclose any details; his tongue was dedicated to the Queen, and his testicles were removed, making him a dedicated servant to the Queen.

“Sweet Alexas, you promised us a soothsayer, unheard of for many years. How good is she at the... sayings?” Enobarbus roared out. He had his servings of wine, and his mood was jubilant.

“Tell me, sweet Alexas. Where is she? You had me curious about those words you had said. “Was it the Queen and the... lover who was cuckolded? Or it cannot be a husband, for she has none. I thought it was only husbands who were to be cuckolded.”

“Hold your words, Enobarbus.” Mardian was not to have his Queen insulted there.

“Hold your emotions, Mardian.” Enobarbus was to say ‘balls’ but he checked his tongue. “We are among friends and allies here. We will not shoot each other like dogs on the streets. Set yourself a drink and let us hear the soothsayer.”

Alexas was not to be undone and called on the soothsayer to step in. The soothsayer was a gypsy lady, young of age, and held a set of voluptuous chests with an off-shoulder blouse.

"Maria, here is the one I listened to. She is young but holds the gift of seeing the future.” Alexas introduced the soothsayer.

“What do you want?” Maria voiced out.

“Is this the person you were talking about? She is the soothsayer. I thought she was more of the barmaid from the tavern.” Enobarbus roared. He then looked at the lady. “Are you the one, girl, who has supernatural knowledge? You could tell my future too.”

“As the barmaid, I know a little about the world's many secrets. A drunk does not speak; he tells it all.” Maria looked at Enobarbus.

“Show him your hand. Your future lies there.” Alexas told Enobarbus.

“Bring in more wine to toast on. I will suggest Cleop ... Oops, I meant the Queen’s health.” The Roman guard averted the stare from Mardian. 

“Here is my hand. Give it a good rub, and give me a good fortune.” Enobarbus smiled.

“I do not give fortunes; I merely tell what is on the line for them and where they may end up.” 

“Then please tell me what mine is going to be. Leave the last part. I know I will die then.” Enobarbus smiled. “Better still, tell her future. She looked like someone who needed it.”

Enobarbus pushed Charmian’s hand forth. Maris took the hand forward. She traced her fingers over the palm of the chambermaid.

“Soft hands you have. And gentle to the touch. You will be more beautiful in the future than you are right now.” Maria smiled.

“You mean that I'll get fatter.” Charmian laughed.

“No, he means that you will use makeup when you get old. Your tits will sag.” Iras laughed. “Mine are.”

“God, forbid I ever get them that way. And I cannot have wrinkles!”

“Do not annoy this wise lady. Pay attention to her.” Alexas told her friends off.

“You will love other people more than they love you.” Maria looked at Charmian.

“I would rather drink than love.” Charmian laughed.

“Or get fucked.” Iras laughed, and Alexas hushed the other.

“Come on, tell me some good news now! Let me marry three kings in a single day, and let all of them die and leave me a rich widow.” Charmian said. “

“An organization, it will be. Who could outfuck you any day, Charmian?” Iras could not hold herself back.

“When I'm fifty years old, let me give birth to a child so great that even Alexander the Great will...”

“Does this nympho ever get satiated?” Iras laughed out loud.

“Look at my future and tell me that I am destined to marry Caesar and become as great as my Queen Cleop. I am sure he fucks better than Antony.” 

“Oh, we all know who fucks better.” Iras roared out. Mardian was so disgusted by the lewd talk of the ladies that he left the hall.

“Your love life I would not know, but your lifeline tells you will live longer... longer than your Queen.”

“Oh, excellent! I love long life even better than those fuckers.” Charmian laughed.

“Your life up until now has been happier than it will be in the future. And you will have...”

“Lovers …. Their seeds will be my children. perhaps illegitimate, but I do not care. Tell me, how many little boys and girls will I have?”

“If every one of your wishes were a child, you would have a million children.” Maria said. Those last words annoyed the maid.

“Get out of here, fool! Because you are a soothsayer for real, or I will bring charges of witchcraft against you.” Charmian pulled her hand away. “I am no sow with the litters.”

 

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...