Monday, March 20, 2023

Hamlet; the Noir Adaption 2023 Act 2 Scene 2 Sub Scene 12

 Act Two

Act Two Scene Two

Sub Scene Twelve

Attended Soliloquy unknown

Unknown to Hamlet, he was not alone. It was no ghost there but a living soul.

“The son of mine is mad. I am to be on guard on this.” It was Gertrude who had hidden behind the curtains and listened to her child. “He speaks himself and yet uncontained are his thoughts.”

“He believed this father was not dead the usual manner but of vile means and by whom? He suspects the play will tell that.” Gertrude stood there in her thoughts. “Who does he suspects? The castle is vast in space, but the tenants are few. And closer ones are rare. I am one, and there is…..Does he mean Claudius? I feared that most. From whom and why?”

“The ghost speaks? I had heard the whispers of such on the walls. Are there ghosts? The King may be that apparition, for only his ghost could wander these corridors, as he did when breathing. But to what avail his words to Hamlet, if any spoken or heard only?”

“I was told the grief of one’s loss through death may cause madness, but the son and father were estranged; would it cause this now?” The lady was asking. “The son was sent off before he could blend with his father. Or perhaps the ghost drove him to this madness. Or the death of a father falls the blame on the next father?”

“Or mother It may be me?” Gertrude was concerned. “He may be mad not to see the real truth. And now he wants to play it as if a stage may make him see it unfolds. I am afraid of how the play will be presented but I am not to be the clog to the movement. I shall observe.” Gertrude looked at the departing child. “I will prepare myself. I will not lose another husband.”

Gertrude took leave of the chamber, but yet another oversaw the departure.

“Brillance there may be, but the ailment of paranoia lives on in him like his father.” Polonius hidden also saw the mother following the son.

“My patience was without waste.” Polonius smiled. “Like his father, Hamlet is hinged on madness with his brilliance. I have known it following the King for so long, living under his shadow, confided to me of his secrets. He had wished his son to away so that the ailment of the soul will not affect the next generation but what is in the soul will remain forever.”

“I was to trade that for the wealth of the estate with my daughter’s virtue but that wealth may not come to the desired one, and the desired one shall not have what he desires from my daughter.” Polonius had planned it. “Long I had suspected the King will be done in on his death, but when and by whom remain outside my knowing; his enemies were wide and many.”

“Upon his death, the to undo the disrepair would have been mine without the King, and without a sacrifice needed from my end, I would had rejoice but the estate went from one King to another Emperor, that despair my ambitions.” Polonius sighed. “The Emperor held no sons or daughter of his own, but one he calls the son; madness prevailed as heard to my ears.”

“Shall he have another sane son, I may present my daughter, but he has none.” Polonius felt his burden was ever there. “Shall I bring Laertes to the fore as I did calling him back for the wedding? He was estranged from me like Hamlet but goodness prevail, he is not mad.”

“Yes, I will save one daughter but a son I will offer to the Emperor soon. An actor by trade and apprenticed to the Emperor of his own. It will work.”

“Hamlet, I care now whom you may see to be the villain on your father’s death but the one to inherit Denmark shall be me. Denmark remains mine forever.” The elderly man smiles at his departure.

 

 

 

 


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...