Monday, March 13, 2023

Chronicles of the Brittany Kings Chapter 60

 60


When a man was to fight against his friends or even brothers, there was always a reluctance to carry out the deadly blow. King Uther’s army chose to lay a siege on Dimilioc than storm it.

“My King, we are not able to storm it.” Lord Eidol reported to the King. “Dimilioc held three fortified ramparts and wide ditches. We cannot cross the ditches without incurring heavy losses.”

“I want the attack tomorrow. Let no one tells me that we cannot handle our own errant Lord in battle.” Uther then dismissed his Lords. He was then met by Merlin.

“I have a way to ease your frustration,” Merlin told the King.

“Whatever, druid.”

“You need to be disguised …. Magically,” Merlin uttered the last word.

“You mean I am to be hexed? Becoming a two-horned demon?”

“Not actually but you keep your own horn intact.” Merlin smiled.

“Why are you smiling, druid?”

“Nothing that will amuse you, my King. Are you prepared?”

There was a saying that a fox may appear in the frock of sheep, looking like a sheep but it may not bray like one.

“My Lord, you are back?’ Lady Igraine was surprised that her Lord was there. “I  thought you were in a battle. Did we win?”

“Not so many questions,… woman. I require…. A bath.” Lord Gorlois had ridden in from Dimilioc. He tossed the armor off and proceeded to the chamber. The servants were called to prepare the bath.

“Should I have some food for you, my Lord?” Lady Igraine was courteous to ask.

“Ah…Yes. I will need some food and drinks.” Lord Gorlois had removed his tunic. His chest showed scars.

“Sire, your wounds are healed.” Lady Igraine looked at the scars. “It looked better today.”

“Ah…Yes. I was treated at Dimilioc.” It was then the young Elaine rushed in and hugged her father.

“You are safe, Father. I am glad.” Elaine said.

“Ah…yes, I am. Elaine, please let me take a bath and will attend to you.”

“My name is not Elaine. I am Little Pumpkin.” Elaine frowned at the father. “We agreed to that name.”

“Yes….Little Pumpkin.” Lord Gorlois stepped to the bedding. It looked so comforting.

“My Lord, your bath is ready.” The servant told the Lord.

“Good. Shoo off now. All of you.” Lord Gorlois dismissed the servants and the little girl. “Woman, stay here. I need you to …wash my back.”

“As you command, Sire.” Lady Igraine sent the others off.

“Latch the door.” Lord Gorlois told the lady. “We need to be alone.”

“Latch? Sire, you know I …” Lady Igraine had developed the phobia of being latched in at the chamber.

“Be quick, woman. I need my bath.” Lord Gorllois had then stripped off his clothes and climbed into the bath. He leaned on the bath feeling the tension in his body released.

“Shall I scrub your back, Sire?”

“Ah…Yes.” Lord Gorlois leaned forth to let the lady scrub his back. He felt the tender touch of the lady’s hand.

“Ah…” Lord Gorlois sighed.

“Do you want me to wash you oyn the legs?” Lady Igraine asked.

“Ah…Yes.” Lord Gorlois leaned back on the bath while Lady Igraine stepped to the side of it and used the cloth to wash the dirt off the feet. It tickled the Lord who kicked out in the bath water. The water splashed onto Lady Igraine and wet her gown.

“I am sorry.” Lord Gorlois said. “I did not …”

“It’s okay, Sire. It’s better this way.” Lady Igraine stood up and reached for the hem of her gown. She pulled it over her head. She saw the Lord staring at her from the mounds of her breasts to her navel. He was marveling at the whiteness of her skin and the contour of her figure.

“Are you fine, Sire?” Lady Igraine asked.

“I…I am fine.” Lord Gorlois turned his face to the side while his hands were submerged in bath water. He felt an awkwardness in his body and was surprised when she stepped into the bath. He looked up and saw the smile on her face.

“I can wash your face, Sire.” Lady Igraine lowered her body onto his and then reached out with her hands to wash his face. Lord Gorlois closed his eyes and then felt the smoothness of the flesh that covered his, He felt the softness of the flesh nudge his face, His lips opened and were rewarded with the gentle nudging of the tender flesh at his teeth.

“You will be fine, Sire.” Lord Gorlois heard the tender voice of Lady Igraine. He felt the urge then and bit his teeth on the tender flesh of Lady Igraine. She yelped out when he spurted inside of her. She felt him slumped onto her breasts, and with her arms, she cradled his head.

“You are home, Sire. Be contented.”

“Yes, I am.” Lord Gorlois mumbled. “I am home.”

If there was a word to describe disgust, it was probably reserved for the King then. He had appeared toward Merlin then. It was just after dawn when the King return to his tent/

“I felt disgusted. I was myself, and yet it was not me. The body was not mine.” Uther looked to the druid. “Why did you…”

“My King, you were told of the …magic. You were told that to get near to the lady, you will be disguised.”

“Disguised, I did agree but that was not any disguise. That was …” Uther groaned at his decision.

“That was a different form of …. Shape shifting. You are still yourself but in a different body.” Merlin repeated what he had told the King.

“Was it …an experience?” Merlin added. Uther nodded and then he heard the sad news.

“My King, we won. Lord Gorlois is dead.” Lord Gorlois was killed in the volley of arrows released on the ramparts. “He was there and we took the opportunity to release the volley of arrows. He was struck by four arrows on his body. The defenders took his body down, and soon to it, they surrendered.”

“Who is the commander of the watch then?” Uther asked

“Lord Eidol himself.” Uther was told. The King then changed into his clothes and rushed to the battle scene. He saw Lord Gorlois hung over the rampart by his Lords.

“Lower the Lord now. He is to be given a proper burial.” The King called out. He saw Lord Eidol approaching him.

“My King, we…”

“I want Lord Gorlois to be returned to his castle. Just before you do that, clean and prepare his body for the return.” The King gave the call. “We depart home after that.”

The news of Lord Gorlois’s death reached Tintagel.

 

 


 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...