Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Toys Part 14

I stood a distance away as I am a fugitive on the run but my disguise held up; who looks at a grave digger except the dead. I placed the shovel by the side as I stood deep in the open hole for tomorrow's funeral. I looked to see the spot where Snide is to be buried. He is a popular guy I guess as there is a big group but less than one third are officers. It was then I spied the one I was not expecting to be here; Alexis with her dark glasses and wide brimmed hat over her face. She is carrying an umbrella with her dark suit. What caught me on her presence was that she is not paying attention the funeral rites but looking around. Like she is looking for someone.

"Alexis, its nice of you to come to the funeral." I stepped into her car as she as starting the ignition.

"Butler.... And what is the smell?" she retorted but she drove in a calm manner. We hit the roads before we could continue our conversation as my eyes was on the rear view mirror.

"Pardon the smell, but the grave digger has to deep in deep. I did not know you own a car." She is handling it well as she weave through the traffics.

"Its a rental car and I am due to return in one hour. I got to drive you see Martha. She is waiting for you at the Train Station.She is in danger. We all are." I want to ask more but she has kept silent on the trip. We reached the station and she told me to go to Platform 5. She sped off when I stepped out of the car.

Platform 5 is a busy one and there is a train just arriving. Due to my clothes and smell, many people avoided me, and that was how Martha saw me. She came from behind and pulled me into the carriage. She guided me to the last compartment and went in. I followed suit and she shut the door.

"Its a blessing we brought some clothes for you. Its in the case and hurry up." I opened it to find a new shirt and pants plus a set of trainer. I removed my dirty ones and changed into the new ones. She gave me whiff of her perfume and took the dirty clothes into the case. The train had then moved out of the station and she just threw the case out.

"I did that once three years ago when I was upset with the quality. I guess it becoming a habit.." Martha is looking out the window with the wind blowing her hair into a mess. I grabbed her in and got her to sit down. She sat and started to weep. I seen such signs before when the ladies tried to do things when they are all nervous inside them. Its self defense mechanism in them to counter their fear. I let her cry it out before I asked her again.

"Heptanes sold us out. He called in the Enforcers and Monica died fighting them. She took them down with her guns and later the set explosives. But we escaped on the tunnel and Alexis brought me to a safe place. Heptanes sold us out. He is working for the Science Center. He never left it; he just went rogue to track us down." I had to console her and she told me everything from the start.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...