Saturday, May 12, 2012

On Valentine's Day


Valentine they called it today
The rush for the day of love
Showered with flowers and roses
Affectionate love are declared
Swoon hearts are soon to fall
But none came to wished upon us

Be brave my loveless child
Its after all another day in life
You seen them and feel it through
You know they would come
When they remembered you all
In the cages and pits they placed you in.

Animals they named you as one
Names may be given for specific
Food they served you on a daily palate
Drinks they top up on needed basis
Be bless they do feed us that is food
All they asked from us a wag of our end.

So doggone be this day of love
As I find we are blessed with it
More than once and by more each day
Till sometimes we asked of them
Please stop your petting on my back
As its my tummy which needs the rub.

As I have mentioned in my lines
I know today as any day in life
Except maybe today my meal may come late
As they forget that there is more to one love
More so when I am on the leash
To this doggone pole for my own good

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...