Sunday, May 20, 2012

My last Waltz that Night

My last Waltz that Night



I wonder should I go or should I stay
The band had only one more song to play
And then I saw you out the corner of my eye
The same smile I seen before from years ago
The same look that I seen many a times on my walks
Courage I have but to seek on you
I have none but my bashful looks

You cometh to me on those lovely walks
Must I leave as the last waltz is to begin
But you interpose your body to mine from leaving
Your push swept me onto the pull of the dance
You gripped me tight when I am to fall
Yet you held me loose to allowed me grace in my steps
But your eyes tells me more what I was to expect

Two lonely people together need no excuse
Not to fall in love once in their life
Even though it could be their last waltz
That it may be or should it last forever
It is their first dance together as one
As lovers do on their first night together
In the real throes of their feelings.

But I know ours was not to last
As the dance would still come to its end
And the floor will be emptied of its dancers
And we should do the same for its silly
For two persons in love to basked in the light
That shine us like sirens on the sea
For all to see that we are lovers in the dance.

Yet you deceived me this last dance
You told me not that it was ours
That you had it all planned with them
For I would do this with you tonight
On this large dance hall
As you choose to tell them all
How much you love me so.

How could I denied you that love
That you are so brazen to display
For all that was invited tonight
To declared in such manner for all
That your love to me is forever
Mine to cherish and be shared by no one
Or maybe just for tonight I shall not be too selfish

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...