Friday, May 11, 2012

Supermodel

A cheat they called me,
A liar they label on my mouth,
A seductress they tell their men,
But what can I do when are onto me

Slink to the corner and cower in fear
Showed some tears and hope for mercy
I doubt so as they know no matter what
I am too darned beautiful compared to them.

Is it a curse or a blessing?
I did not picked it on my own
It was a gift from birth and to death it would hold
But one can't help to envy I have it all.

Beauty is skin deep, or eye beholden
Alas if that is they need a cut into me
Or tear my looks away to see below
I am still a woman like them.

Yes, I am a woman born of love
Out of a womb and told to be one
But I was staged by all of them
To be sighted as only one not in their class.

Discarded becaused of my looks
Tormented for their stares
Dumped by others on the lies
Now I am dying in bed they said I deserved it.

My looks wrinkled before my time
My tormentors still holds me to blame
When all I asked for was to be accepted
As a beauty among the ones paraded to all.

( A supermodel's untold tale...)

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...