Friday, May 4, 2012

Toys Part 17

The sun slipped into the motel room where we spent the night from our exhausting train ride. I got up and walked to the bathroom where she is taking a shower. She saw me coming and grabbed for the towel.

"Excuse me." I stood over the bowl and released my morning load of putrid liquid from my bladder. Then I moved over to the basin and rinsed my overnight taste in the mouth. I soon turned to walk out but I did remind her to keep some hot water for me. My reply was a wet towel on my back. I sat down on the bed and pick up the bag. From the bag I took out the card Oracle gave me last when we met.

An hour later, I was standing at the corner of 3rd Street with a balaclava covering my head and dark shades on my nose. Martha is still in the motel and sleeping off her non-stop work.

Follow me

I saw a boy with the pizza uniform walking past me. I followed suit and he went into an alley. There is a car there and I walked towards it. The boy had then ran to the end of the alley and out to the main street. I looked into the driver and see my favorite burley guy. The driver points to the rear and I opened the door. I got in and saw Oracle but she is dressed like a fortune teller of the wandering ones.

I am one of your tribe and you discovered more than you expected. My apologies. You preferred the vocal communication.

"I know what you been through but its not completed as yet. Heptanes escaped and is back with his brother but in a different section. Control seeks you badly and has raised your value to even the hardcore will swap you in for it. And so does Freed as you are blamed for the death of Monica. That includes the Sully's who just lost a brother too. You only got us to help so you called me." She is talking without even looking at me. She just stared ahead as if she is in a trance.

"Oracle, I have the cure ....."

"But how do we produce it remains the question. I am also thinking. But I have not the answer......yet. I will let you know soon." Oracle tap the driver and he pull over to the kerb. "Take this phone. I will call you when I have the answer."

The driver has opened the door and I got out. We have pulled up at the University where Martha and 213 used to work. The car drove off and I am left alone looking at the place where it all started.

"Professor Schmidt," I heard the name called and I was about to answer but a obese man walking past me answered the caller. I thought this is a fragging coincidence as this man is so different from Schmidt 214. But my thought was disrupted by the youth who called the Professor has just pulled out a gun and shot the obese man. The youth fired three successive shots at the obese man and then ran away.

"Professor, hang on" But the man is dead. Damned you, Oracle.You set this up for me. But why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Martha, we are trying to find a place which to produce this stuff." I sat with Martha at the study table in the motel room.She had order room service so that we can eat in peace. She is dressed in her bathrobe and myself with a towel. Its not that we have a lot of choices as the only clothes we have is what on our back.

"We? Who's we?"

I told her about Oracle and I am with that person now to get more insight to the whole mystery of this matter, She debated with me on working with unsupported psychic vibes that is like walking blind onto the freeway.I tried to reason with her that so far the Oracle was correct but she was not listening. Soon she said, she is leaving to get some personal stuff and be back in late.

It was an hour later when the phone rang.

Downtown mall. Atrium One. Second Level. Martha in danger. Three persons.

"Oracle? Hello?" But there is no answer.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...