Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Toys Part 20

11 

The trucks passed the last bridge and headed my way. I picked up the phone and press the speed dial. At precisely three seconds, the bomb on the base of the tree exploded to break off the trunk which caused it to fall at the rear of the truck. It landed on the road and the second bomb went off. But this time its a set of smoke cannister creating a screen over the roads. Two cars speeding on the road could not stopped in time crashed into the fallen tree. At precisely the same time, the front tire on the truck was shot at and it blew a big hole. The truck came to a stop and Patrick drove out from woods on the right side of the road to stop next to the truck. He rolled down his truck window and shot the driver and his co-passenger with the tranquilizer gun. I came running out with Martha to the rear of the trucks and forced open the doors. I came to see in front of me the armed guard with his gun on me but the sniper took him down with a tranquilizer dart from his dart rifle. The trio argued with me on why could not they just shoot the guards and driver but I told them to stick to my plan to use the tranquilizer. I do not want to have anyone killed. Martha identified the drugs she needed and then we load it onto our truck

We are driving down the road in ten minutes and loaded with the needed drugs. I gave them their payment and some drugs which I know they peddle off for money. Then we call it quits.

That was the easy part. Now comes the harder part. But the hardest to was too see yourself on the vid-screen shot with eight shots and misplaced head next you. Its my first sight of my previous vessel as Nisha Iran took her vengeance on the man who scarred her face. They found the body on the river front last night. But we have little time to waste.

Its the day before the weekend. Jonas Bittier closed the door of the Production Line he setup for the needed small batches that sometimes the Uni or the Science Center may called on. Today he is going back later than scheduled to some works. He pulled on his lab door to close when the portable phone rang. He picked it and saw the message; 'be there in five.martha kiln'. She was his client on some occasions and he has not seen for sometime but the Uni counts as their best customer. She did not turn up later but a young couple did in a small truck. They told him Martha Kiln send them over. He asked to check with her but he was knock unconscious and bounded to his chair in the next five minutes.

I drove the truck to the unloading area and we prepared the materials for production. She did the measurements and grabbed some more from the warehouse there before she set the machines. We did not stop until five hours later. Then she told me to wait for another three hours as we stand there to see the materials being blended and refined for our use. I walked up the office and see the Manager still in bind with now his night Guard.

It was not for another five hours before she called me in.

"Its done. I have enough for about three hundred vessels. I tested it with the original sample and it worked like yours. Now we can begin our freedom of the first batch." That was the best news I have ever heard so far. I walked back to the office and see my current batch of captives. There is the Manager, Night and Morning Guard on the floor. Its not the best but we have little choices. Martha inoculated them and we had order pizza later. Its going to be a long weekend and we just started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To date my work has been easy but I never knew how much time and effort that Heptanes and Alexis has to spend to educate the awaken ones. I had a tough time talking to these five, as we had two more guards added in during the day. But I got them to understand who they really are and why we are here. They are still groggy but they are catching on fast.

But my main task is still undone. I need to built an army of five hundred recruits.

An army strong enough to take on the Enforcers'.

I decided to start with the Sully's. Since the disappearance of Jake, the two other brother has been at odds and I decided to work on it. One is Matt and the other is Brett, and I liked the former more. He is more ruthless of the two. I met Brett in his pad as in my psyche Ernie, we are good friends.

"Brett, you heard about the heist on chemical truck job." Brett was playing card with his two bodyguards and I his the last player on the table.

"The one where the drugs and chemical taken. Yeah, I heard of it. That cost a fortune on the open market." Brett threw his challenge to the pool; a call on five hundred and one of his guards threw his cards down.

"Yes, It was done by me. I planned and execute the heist. The drugs I gave to the team and I kept the chemicals. I give up too." I threw my cards and put my hands down under the table.

"Aha! I never knew it was in you...." The three of them laughed and I shot them with the tranquilizer darts. I tied them up and inject them with the anti-serum. Then I sat down with them for two days of their withdrawals and re-education. It was tough as this three are still fighting their real selves and trying to fight me.

Brett at some stages, hissed to me that he is Butai of the Davi Tribe. They bowed to no one but their own leader. Surprisingly, his two guards are from my Tribe. So I had to decide fast. I took Butai aka Brett to the open window ledge and make him swear an oath on the Gods. If he act against me. It would be the same as he acted on the Gods. We, Aroint are very dedicated to our oaths and faith. Its a way fo life for us.

He agreed and I let him off back onto the penthouse flooring instead of the hard ground outside.

In the end, I prevail and I got them to agreed to my coming works. Soon I worked on the rest and from there to Matt and his gang. But Matt was more difficult. He and Ernie had a history on some bad collections. So I worked on Matt's No.2; a smart ass chap by the name of Mitch Bart. He is a professional with the books and he was always eyeing Matt's position. So I worked on Mitch.

Mitch runs his operation from his penthouse and he works alone as he works the number. I know Mitch in my psyche Ernie; did some bad collection and got the dues. I know Mitch's work schedule; he works alone on Monday to Wednesday all alone. Its the time to tally the books with collections from weekend. But Ernie can walked in anytime.

"Ernie, talk your shit and get out." Mitch is at his desk piled with the collection. I walked in and locked the door before walking up to Mitch. I sat in front of him and took my share of his cigar.

"Hey, that's expensive stuff. So what do you want?" He looked at me and I told I wanted him. He looked at me and laughed. When his head was turned, I had my dart gun and I shot him. The rest was to spend my time in his pad and eat his food while he is experiencing the withdrawals. Three days later, Matt was shot during his lunch and Mitch took over. Sometimes, some scarifies has to be made.

By the end of three weeks, I have a small army of eighty ex-hoodlums and now in hiding in safe houses I had selected outside the city. There they will avoid being caught by the Enforcers' or being assimilated. Then I add the numbers from other scums of the street and soon my army grew to the required army size.

Martha has been busy too with her effort as she controlled more staff of the Production Center. She got them to acquired and produce more of the anti-serum. By the end of two months, we are nearly a thousand hiding in the countryside and spread out in the safe houses. But that many people missing form their place can be noticeable and it was.

Control has issued a city wide search for the missing vessels.

But he does not know is what I planned to do next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to engaged the Enforcers' if I am to tackle Control and the Science Center. Its must be done on coordination or I will be facing great odds.

There are twenty Enforcers Head Units with about ten to fifteen Enforcers in there. The Science Center has about twenty Enforcers at any one time. There are about five hundred of these Enforcers in the city limits on patrol. The odds is two to one, but you are dealing with the scums of the city.

I have all that planned but I did not expect to see one issue that will come to my mind.

I got the call from Oracle.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...