Friday, July 19, 2013

Tawa Incident 1.9


21:00

The lab was a highly technical setup with scientists and technicians all running around. They have this whole chamber fill with electronic consoles and stacks of processors with lights blinking. In the middle of the chamber was a long table and the word etched on it; 'JB was here first.' .

"My very own bed? Doctor, you overrate my performance?" I smiled at him.

"No, that was the real JB. He retired here and now its your turn." I was released from my chair and led to the long table.

"If you think your act at the stream was any consideration, I would stick to watching stuffed puppets on Saturday morning reruns." Doc Yes was mocking me. I tried to mimic Big Bird but the henchmen of Doc Yes was restraining me.

At his signal, I was led to the lab table; and made to lie on the table. They latched me down to the table. I am laying there spread eagled before Doc Yes walked over to talk to me.

"I got this table to test a laser gun which would cut a component board without any rough edges.." Doc Yes leaned over. "I never seen how it works. So we would try on you."

The laser tool appeared over me at the ceiling. Damned! It looked like a dentist drilling tool but this one was bigger with a tiny knob at the end. It was lowered down and position at the edge of the table.

"We called it Prick. My technician would turn it on, and the machine would make an incision from yours to the scalp." Doc Yes added on his sarcasm. "It may helped to lengthen as that would make it last longer the incision."

"If you want, there is a vid screen above you. " Damned they are playing x-rated shows there." Doc Yes was getting excited as he speaks but I was watching the machine. Then the sound of a whirling mechanical tool was heard and then the laser appeared to fire a path on the table; ever slowly moving upwards. Its trajectory was aimed at my last bastion of man hood.

"Goodbye, Mr.Blake." Doc Yes wished me.

"Do I get a last request?" I asked of the good doctor. "Can I have a menu to select the titles? I seen this one before."

But the doctor had ignored me and asked that Ms Honey be shown to her accommodation. I would had protested on the bad bedding too but the laser was getting hot towards me. Both Doctor Yes and Honey had left me there.

Then I saw Trouble standing there looking forlorn.

"Why the long face, Trouble?" I looked at him. "You don't get appreciated here, huh? Did they square you up on the last bonus?"

He looked at me and shook his head. I need to work out my next action fast as the laser have reached my knee. I need to work faster.

"Trouble, if you help me; I would get your bonus." But Trouble was not looking at me. Now he is walking out of the chamber. The laser is reaching about an inch from my pajamas edge. I closed my eyes to visualize anything that can help.

Then the image of the Dream Catcher appeared. A figure stepped out from it; its figure dressed like a God. He shines very bright and then unexpected had to happened.

The laser went spluttering and died down.

"Did anyone replaced the batteries?" One of the scientist shouted out. The answer he got was negative one. Then he asked; "Where are the spares?"

"Its beneath the table." The technician came over and unlatched me. Then they raised the table top; beneath it was a stack of boxes laid in two rows. "Next time, tell the boss to buy a real table and stop asking us to improvise."

The technician then pulled pull out the spare batteries. He noted they are flat too.

"Marge, did you use the batteries here for your vibrator? I told you to buy your one."

"I did, but you should get one of your own. Stop borrowing mine." Marge replied.

That was when I looked up at the round bulb over my head. It looked like a sun at its zenith. It was then I discovered my hidden powers.

I had sunrays shooting out from my eyes and burning at the straps. I was free from it and got of the table top. The Technician had seen my new power and took off without a second look. So was Trouble.

I was freed then and took my leave to find Honey. I betcha Supes would shed his red undies for me then if he had seen me in action.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...