Saturday, July 27, 2013

Holmes never guessed this


"Elementary, my dear Watson. I believe I had been betrayed by someone close." It wa Holmes who made the remarkable assumption while sitting on the armchair and holding his unlit pipe. I pulled the rug off my lap and looked at him. We had been without a case for weeks and the idling time was nibbling into the poor man's mind.

"Betrayed? By whom, Holmes?" I look bewildered. And then agitated as the man took up his pipe and lit it.

"Martha is a spy for the others." The man muttered out to me. "She was always the first to admit the guests. She served them tea while we speak. She could be overhearing us now." Holmes spoke up before taking his second puff of the pipe. "It had to be her."

"Her? Preposterous, Holmes. Martha had been a good hostess to us and above all a darned good housekeeper." I protested loudly. "How on earth could you judge her in that manner?"

"Emotions, my dear Watson. It may be your downfall. I said her but we shall get the evidence soon. " Holmes smiled at me. "While she watches us, we would keep watch on her."

"Holmes, I believed you need your medication. Your hallucinations are unbecoming of you." I do admit that cocaine work wonders on the patient. For Holmes, it was an initial journey of simulation, but with my assistance, he had been overly reliant for it. It sharpen his reflexes but shadowed the truth about me. You could placed it as treachery served on the prick.

Its elementary, Holmes. Betrayal is best not known by the victim. I am your nemesis half brother, Moriarty was my birth father's name. I took on Watson after my mother. We were named James and John by our father.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...