Sunday, July 7, 2013

Oz; remake of the tale 1.14


14. The Wizard


One thing about the Tower was the presence of servants are everywhere. They are doing some works or something and for a Tower which does not expect visitors, they are every courteous to us. That is if you don't asked about the Wizard, then the answer would be 'he told us to tell you we don't know'.

Soon we found ourselves tired of finding the Wizard. We must had searched over near a hundred chambers which looked alike and each level looks the same. In the end, we sat ourselves down on a couch in one of the ninety one units, which looked the same like the other ninety other units. Only Droid was standing as it never tires.

"I could continue...." Droid offered. I declined as I told him he would had hit nine hundred and ninety nine and probably still not find the Wizard.

The chamber is the same as mentioned, and there is the couch, bed, dresser, study table, red drapes, and a small reading cupboard. All in the same shades and design.

"Anyone have any idea where we are?" I asked and then I override the question. "Forget it. Let us sit here."

Toto was getting agitated as she kept on prancing around. I wished she would not start dropping her oily substance. Scarecrow was thinking and when she does that she keeps quiet. I also noticed the cat missing. That is fine with me as I cannot stand the cat aloof attitude. Since the Kalidah issue the cat had disappeared. It may be because we found the City then.

Then Scarecrow spoke up.

"Did anyone noticed that none of the servants come into the chambers? They are only in the halls or corridors. Never in any chambers." Scarecrow looked up. "Are they told not to come in? Or they won't come in."

"Droid, replay your memories, on all the chambers, and tell me which one looked differently. In dimension or anything out of place." Scarecrow asked Droid.

Droid the analysis and when it does, its chest panels light up. Then it stopped.

"System, tell me the result." Droid spoke to itself.

"All the chambers are a hologram but this one is not. Its real. We been made to walked into the same chamber except this one, This is two centimeters wider by a meter longer."

I looked around and found the needed answer.

"You can come out now, Wizard." I spoke out to the right hand side wall.

The figure stepped out from the wall. It was standing there blended with the wallpaper; that was what I saw. He looked to me like a wall paper or in this brief manner a roll of wallpaper that rolled back to be one.

"You are the Wizard? Aunt Muzy? Heck you looked like Aunt Muzy." Scarecrow looked at the Wizard like her supposedly dead aunt. Aunt Muzy had died when she was young.

"Do not go towards it. Its a monster." Droid system picked up an image of the dreaded Kalidah. It raised up its battle axe, but Dorothy stopped the droid.

Toto evolved into the gremlin and breathe out its blue flame. She saw a red flame there and she dealt them with her blue flames. She breathe out her flame but she held back at the last moment. It was when the Wizard called out.

"I am coming out. Do not attacked me." The Wizard stepped forth from his image inducer."Oh, do sit. I am the Wizard."

Now they all see the same image once the Wizard turned off his inducer. He is no longer the roll of carpet, or the Kalidah, or the dead Aunt Muzy. He is now an older man dressed in his yellow long tunic with a green cone hat. "My tailor did not make my hat yet; this is the old one. Green is not my favorite anymore."

"I also know why all of you are here." The Wizard smiled. When he smiled, his face cracked into a thousand lines of wrinkles which beamed with his smile. "But it comes with a price."

"Bring me the news of the death of the Witch of the West." The Wizard said it out directly. "I would then give you what you want."

"What do you know of what we want?" I asked him.

"Everyone has a request of the Wizard." The Wizard smiled. "I fulfilled them all. But with a price. My current price is the Witch."

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...