Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Toys Part 6

3

Benny Ortiz is currently residing in a fat vessel wearing a tuxedo suit and chomping a cigar. He is sitting  there with a broad as they termed it in this circle, and he is giving us the once eye over. His twin personal guards stand behind him with their arms crossed over some wide and large chest.

"So you guys are Red Six; my personal hit squad. Well, meet my personal guards; Jane and Jenny. They go where I go and shoot who I say so." Jane and Jenny stood there with their snide lip gloss smile clad in the tight dark suit they had on. I wondered if they are trained to shoot or to stand in the way of the bullets for the boss.

There are the six of us in our mobster's suit and carrying these heavy fire power in our arms. Our mission as stated is to get the vessel of Benny Ortiz out alive.

"We leave in an hour and meet me at the basement. Now frag off as I get to know my broad better." We took our leave alongside with his twin guards to his personal time. I felt relieved to be out of that room as it reeks of smoke and bad hair grease. And the broad looked like Rose from my Professor Schmidt identity; so it does get personal there in the thoughts as I fight the urge to punch the vessel named Ortiz.

We proceeded down to the basement while the twins stood out outside the door. There are two vans there for us and we discussed our strategy. It was decided that two of us would stay to hold the flanks while the rest followed Benny on his shootout. If need be, the other two can be backup but if we missed the ops times of ten minutes, the two are to drive the vans away back to Head Office. We may be the organizer of the game but we don't control all the pieces in their roles. If the other Enforcers come, we may had to ditch the program. The vessel name as Benny knows that too.

Benny is here now ahead of schedule and he looked grim. He shouted at us to get into the two vans and move out. It was Snide who had to add the salt to the wound.

"Bad lay, Boss? I told you i could get you better ones." But Benny is a foul mood so he just sneered back.

Caftan's Place is on 3rd Street and its a twelve level building with the Caftan occupying the penthouse. They are the two brothers and with them are the ten henchman, we were brief they are old and armed light compared to us. It should be cinch to waltz in and out. The Building has been vacated for today's exercise on some bomb threat. We pulled up at the entrance and the van doors open for us to step out. Benny stepped out with his heavy piece and took it out on a mother and child in a pram.

"Die, you whore." He is a mad dog unleased. He storm into the building followed by his guards. Red Six was to do so but we were greeted by a cross fire. Snide got it in the chest and fell down. I dragged him to safety inside the door and tried to stop his bleeding.

"Its okay. Tell the rest to follow Benny. You stay with me." I nodded and signaled the rest to follow Benny. Benny was already at the lift and he is getting impatient. He could had gone ahead like just now but he hung back as he feared getting shot. The red Six joined him with his twin and they are up. I looked at the two henchman shot in the lobby, and wondered how low can your luck be for to be shot by amateur's like these. But its a shootout.

"Butler, go up. You got ten minutes when we shut off the cam. Take them out. Make Benny a retard for all of us. I am part of Freed. I know Professor Heptanes sent you. Go now." Snide is pushing me to go.

I was confused for a while but he said the two words that made sense; Freed and Heptanes. I will take my chance and deal with the payback now. I took my heavy fire power and ran to the lift. It took one minute for the lift to come down and up. Once the lift door opened, I stepped carefully.

Three dead on the corridor and they are Caftan's. I can hear the shootout down the corridor. I ran down and stopped before the door. There are three dead with one of them from Red Six. I peeked in and see Benny on the right firing at the Caftan's across the room behind the mahogany desk. The remainder Red Six are on the left behind some settee seats. I took my shots with three successive aims and they are all dead. Now my cue is on Benny and his twins.

"Hey, who's that? I did not pay for the extra. I am supposed to win here." But the Caftan's answer him with a placed shot on one of his twins. Jane or Jenny; who cares toppled over and the other over reacted. She stepped out and did a showdown with her two guns. She got her men but the brother's took her down before she can shoot them. So it now Benny and the Caftan's. I took my aim on Benny as he more exposed from my view and blew his nose to his brain.

"Joe, is that you" The Caftan's stood up to see if it was their man who shot Benny. I turned my body and shot them both in the chest. The senior one on impact crashed against the glass window and fell down twelve floor. I looked around the room and then ran for the lift. I was with Snide within the next minute.

"You made it, Butler with ten seconds to spare. So stay down with me and we will leave shortly." He is waiting for the cue to leave on the clock. He picked up the comm and shouted into it as if he is talking to the others. Then he signaled me to move him. I did and we are back in the van. I start the engine and move out the kerb. In my drive, i had to rolled over the dead Caftan body as the van crunched the dead vessel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I read your brief, Butler. But I can't report nothing to Control as someone screwed the cams. What was supposed to be a live cast to boost popularity turned out to be blue screen. But you guys did as per instruction. Now I got see Control to brief him on how I lost the Councilor and four of my men. Screw this job when I am to do this dirt works for him." Senior Officer Cantor is pissed and he knows we are to be blamed from the screw up cam. But he still needed someone to shout at. But my attention is on Snide who is being treated by the medic for the wound. Its a flesh wound and no burst parts. I saw Snide moving to the Changing room with his jacket in tow. I followed suit with him in and we are alone.

"Snide..." but he hushed me off.

"Yeah, I am ready for that drink. Lets go once I taken shower." He points to the ceiling where I noticed the audio receiver.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Butler, I knew of you from the Professor. He told me you were coming and I had to work fast. I am part of Freed and has been for sometime. But I am surprised that you picked Butler as he is bad ass when its comes to Freed people. But I am glad as Butler is my partner...... No, I am not inhabited. I am original and I seen the works they did. So I turned rogue."

It was then I learned more of Freed. The members of Freed are in some places where they can do more good than harm. They are few but they are effective. The cam interruption was done by a Freed member, so they could do the Councilor job. The Councilor was expected to come in before I came into the picture as the Freed were advised. But Snide was to get another guy in place to replace Butler. He had earlier planned Butler's execution at the cafe but when Butler did not returned from the bathroom, they called it off. They were puzzled as to the whereabouts of Butler then until the Professor called. So it was put to a new plan. Snide did not get shot by a stray bullet; he shot himself to make it looked real.

I told Snide what I wanted to do and he nodded. He told me Professor had told him briefly but the plan need to be studied first. But for tonight, Snide needed his drink and his refreshment as he is alive for one more day. He is eyeing Sally the barmaid.

"She has not been switched yet for sometime. The last person she was when she turned up in our office as receptionist. I went over heels over her, and we had a hot relationship. But they switched her vessel to this identity but she is now divorced with two kids. But what the heck, I courted her again and I am back in her bed. Its never the personality but the looks that counts for me." Snide is living up to his name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...