Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Claus Kitchen Part 3

"Happy St. Patrick’s Day!" The elves in the workshop all rang aloud as the old man walks into the place. He pause and then look at the group of elves.

"Ho,! Ho! Ho!" Santa laughed at the reminder that today is St.Patricks Day. He knows the elves like to celebrate this day just just as they love to celebrate Christmas with him, but he is ever busy before and during Christmas eve. "Okay, you little miscreants. We shall the day off today and let us have a celebration"

"Woo....wee.... He's calling it a holiday" One joyous elf jumped into the air with his hands raised high.

"Oh shut it down, Gimly. You jump for joy on any breaks as long as you can slip into the corner with your Vennie. Can't you all do it when we all go to bed, and be joy you would have the whole night to joy it all." That was the jealous Minnie who was Gimly's ex but now being replaced by his latest Vennie.

"Oh, Minnie. Don't tell me you still thinking of the scrap with him? Why he is best be forgotten for he is a large in the sound and small in the performance. I would sum up his sailing mast in this limerick;

I once sailed a boat named O'Gimly
When I should be in with another named Scally
When sailed to sea he out to best
That he can rival the Scally in the best
But he was a tad too small in the galley

That took on the whole workshop to roar to in heavy laugher as poor Gimly slips away into the corner by himself. But the loud roar brought in a bigger roar from the kitchen as the Mrs Claus came in with her roller and dough.

"I hear laughter from my kitchen and whose merriment is it. And how dare you deny me of such an occasion when I am the missus of the House." She did not walked in alone but she came with her troupe of pixies armed with plates of delectable dishes and sweet tidings for all to enjoy.

"Come, my dear. Its St Patricks Day, and I given the elves the day off. How did you come to be so prepared for the occasion when I have not mentioned it to you?" The old man named Santa embraced his lovely wife as he watches the pixes laid the dishes on the working tables for the elves to enjoy the new offerings.

"Come now, my dear husband of mine. If you could remember all the date you missed on our anniversary, how well do you think you could on St Patricks Day. Just like in the past years, its alway been me who reminded you that nothing should be amiss on these days and that includes today's celebration." She laid a kiss on his lips and then shrink away.

"Ho! Ho! All these years and you still feel the tickle of my beard. But you never complained when I am snorkeling in the depths." The old man has not his drink and he is already on the bend to his thoughts despite the early hours of the day.

"Where is Gimly? Come here, my lad. I will recite you a good limerick to raise your mast." Mrs Claus soon was to start on these lines.

I once met a frigate named O'Gimly
He is told too small to the Galleon O'Scally
When took to the speed of the race in the seas
No sloop could outbeat the O'Gimly
He made sloppy of three ports before the galleon O'Scally.

The perk up the elf Gimly as he rejoined the party leaving a four very red faced elves standing by the side. I guess second helpings ain't the best. But soon the as party gets underway, the mood all changed to joys and fun as the drinks get into the head.

No one noticed the two couples who slips away, although one of them can't be mistake by the size of their girth; the other was a redeemed elf about to sailed into a new port with his sloop.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...