Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tick Tock

Tick Tock the clock keeps on ticking
I asked myself if it were to stop
Were it be at the hour of death
Or before I am put to sleep 
So that when death comes 
I would not hear it so.

Tick Tock the clock still at it
Does the Devil have one too
That marks his attendance in Hell
Or he ticks the clock to note the entrants
When we queue to his gate 
To be consumed by his raging Hell.

Tick Tock the clock ceased
I felt myself lifted from my holds
Its not cold holdings I felt
But the secured warm hands of my guards
Fools they are to released me now
For its death I am awaiting to come.

Tick Tock my head struck left to right
The Governor sets me clear
Of the crime he said I did not do
But who will give me back my time
Of Tick Tock for twenty years .
You left me to rot in the clock of time.

( the tale to tell of how a man feels in the Death Row upon his released on a pardon. This is also my 400th Published Works here. )

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...