Monday, April 23, 2012

Toys Part 4

"Good morning, Mr.Butler."

I looked up from my bed and see my adoring young nurse has brought me breakfast. Alexis laid the tray with the contents on the side dresser and walked out. I looked at my new vessel and I can see why she is blushing. I am a young man of late twenties with a physique that will make any ladies dropped her vanity. That was when the Professor walked in with my clothes.

"Ah, you are awake. I have these washed as they do smell terrible. Was Alexis here just now?" The Professor was looking back at the door when he saw the tray on my dresser.

"Yes, she was but I can assured you Butler did not abuse her chastity. May I have my clothes please? I trust the transformation was complete." I drew on my clothes as the Professor brief me on the changeover. The Enforcer is a clone of the Atlantean, but unlike the other vessel which we can interchange identities but the Enforcer's are of the host from which the clone was created. So in this case the Atlantean identity is not extracted but left left inert inside me as Harry Cone take over. As for the previous vessel of the ex-Harry Cone, it will be destroyed as its now an empty vessel.

"Would the inert Mr.Steel surfaced to override my current consciousness?"

"No, he won't be if you are given these jobs on a daily basis. Don't worry, we done this before some years back. But he died with the previous host in one vessel. Sad and traumatic? But what made you bring this vessel back? An Enforcer of all the person to be brought in."

"It was a wild idea then, and so I took the risk. As an Enforcer, I can access the system better. Maybe I have a better idea on how to explain my disappearance since last night. But before that, how is Monica Sully?" I have completed my dressing and now looking at the shoulder holster which also holds the gun that the Enforcer used. I noticed the Syringe Gun on the dresser. I picked that up to see the contraption more clearly.

"She is still in restraints and she will need time to work on her identity. You are sure she is one of the vessel you need." The Professor took the Syringe Gun from me to pocket it. He would had the two Holder which holds our identity form. The Enforcers will used the Syringe Gun to draw out the identity from the back of the neck and stored it the Holder. The Syringe Gun will extract the new identity from the other Holder and insert it to the vessel. That is how they transferred the identities or store certain identities along with our incorporeal forms for future uses. Its a game to them.

"Yes, the identity of Monica Sully is one of my preferred associate. She will need time to assimilate to her true self. Like I did but in my case, it was unsupervised acceleration of transformation. She will need time to dislodged her fake identities to be be her true self. Like you she would retain memories of those fake identities but she would be true self or species like you." 

"Let me know".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Officer Steel, I am happy to see you back, but bringing in a empty vessel of a previous identity of Harry Cone is what I expect from my officers." I looked at the man who is shouting into my ear. He is wearing the uniform of a senior officer and his name tag showed his name as Cantor. I am now in the Head Unit of the Enforcer's in downtown.

I explained to Officer Cantor that I went to check on some disturbances in the alley at the cafe. I saw a few men fighting and I intervene and in the ensuing struggle, I drew my gun to shot at one man while another must had hit me from behind to knocked me unconscious. When I woke up, I was still in the alley and the dead man was next to me. I called for help and now I am here. I showed Officer Cantor my bruise on the head and on my chin. He excused me to get treatment which I needed from the knock the Professor gave me in the alley to make it look authentic.

I met Officer Cantor again, and he told me that the vessel I dragged was Harry Cone's but his identity is missing. The higher up thinks he could be transferred to another vessel before the current vessel died or kept in a holder. This has happened before which is why the Control has insisted they are more vigilant on their patrols. This is also affecting the popularity of the game as players are complaining that they have lost vessels or identities. But Officer Cantor commented on the Code One case to trace the double Professor Schimdt, who could be in any vessel now. We are to do random check on the vessels on the city for any irregular identities. Our scanner should be able to picked it up as it checked against the main database at the Science Centre.

As Officer Cantor was talking to me, my mind is running images of what Officer Butler Steel knows; showing me the Science Centre and the scanner which is of palm sized. Officer Butler was checking on the people in the cafe when I surprised him. So his scanner could be in his uniform. Then I remembered putting the unit into my jacket when I was picking up the personal effects of the vessel. Soon Officer Cantor completes his oratory presentation. He asked me to check on some leads they had on some they believed are runaways; Atlantean who are here to help the species like the Professor.

I preview the list given and it has five names but no Professor Heptanes nor Alexis. But my real task was to retrieve my member for the team. During my tenure as Professor Schmidt I had some consultation with another associate of mine, Professor Martha Kiln, who is a bio-physicist. She helped me to correct some of my calculations to make the anti-serum worked. But she also inquire a lot of my works which caused a rift between us. Its more of a professional rivalry than an emotional one.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...