Monday, April 16, 2012

Black and White

The story of a Black Labrador and a White wolf


I move ever slowly to the fence and put my nose to the air. I can smell it but I had to be sure. I lost my sibling here once before and it hung on the fence for days before they took it down. I am not going to be one like that. I am here for a purpose and I would accomplish it with my skills. I slowly picked at the soil and removed it aside so that it would create a passage for me to go through. I am small and it would not be a big burrow. I can smell it and its coming. Trust my scent to reached the nose of it as its in their species too to track us into the deep forest. It caught me as I was halfway through the passage.

"Purity, why did you come? You know you not welcome here." The dark handsome beau of mine was to warned me but I had to come. Its a Labrador and a fine dark one.

"Black, I had to come. I missed you and more to it, I have news to share with you." My dark Labrador scooped the soil around me so that I could come through the fence. Its even licked away at the soil that caught up on my white fur and caressed my tired limbs with its loving kisses.

"Purity, I would come as I promised but today is not the time. So tell me why you came?" Black is ever concerned for me as there are the others it had to look out for. They don't share our love as we do. They viewed my kind as enemies of their blood and be killed on sight. Its a sad world we live in when the creatures of the same build cannot be allowed to be friends. Or mates in life.

"There is another who had come to the domain. It prowls and hunts there despite my presence but I am a mate all alone. I am also of the age when I needed it to mate....." But Black was to growl back at me.

"Am I not your mate, Purity? Must you find another like the bitches here. They know not who their mate when in heat. I have denied myself for you. I kept myself pure for you and you tell me that you are going to be served by another." Black was clearly upset but it still nuzzled me with its nose. That tells me that Black loves me still.

"No, Black. That is not why I am here. I am with our family...." That took Black to be stunned by my whimpers and immediately it snuggled up close to me.

"When? And why did you not let me know earlier?" I nuzzled back and rubbed my body against its dark fur self. I can feel the warmth of love that in there and I longed for it. Black raised its head to allowed me to licked at its neck and to its shoulder.

"At the creeks but we rarely see each other, so I did not tell. More so, when we meet, its of intense passion and there is little time to whisper." Black leaned back on the long neck and licked at my ears. An area of mine it knows I likes best.

"Tell me what am I to do?" Black sometimes can be dense in the bigger head so I had to guide it on.

"Come with me. Live with me. Be wild with me. I love you."

It did not happened as Black find comfort in me but not of security. We part that night without a whimper as we both go back to our dens. My only regret was Black could not see beyond its own kind and sacrificed itself for real love. I raised the loved ones when they were due, and send them off to their life's in the forest. I told them to go far where their furs would not be seen to be apart, and be brave.

Its a new world out there and one day we may all be accepted. But avoid the fences as the ones inside are the caged ones with narrow ideals. I did have a mate eventually but we did not consummate in our lifetime. I told the new mate, that I am not keen and if you want me for a mate; hunt and live me, but never let me make the same decision I had to do over the fence.





No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...