Sunday, April 29, 2012

Toys Part 12

I did as instructed and there was light in the room. It also showed me a small boy standing across the room. He motioned for me to followed him upstairs. I mounted the steps as the small boy reached for the lamp switch. The place downstairs is soon dark again. But not the hall upstairs.

I find myself facing three vessels. All looking young and two of them are ladies. The man was the one who spoke first.

"Please be seated Officer Butler. Mental speech across such a distance tires the ladies but it was a way to bring you here. My vessel name is Micheal. Do you wished to communicate in this manner or the way we do as our species do." Micheal is a young man of about mid twenties and a slim look dressed in the delivery uniform of a pizza outlet. The two ladies are dressed casual for the office trendy wear but both are of different hair colors; blonde and red. The ladies are seated and now having a drink with their hands on the forehead.

We can talk in this manner if you are comfortable. My real name is Tzchak.

Micheal is talking to me again in my mind. I shook my head and motioned to him to stop.

"Officer Butler, your name is actually Mintor and you were our clan leader of the Zinat. We are one of the twelve tribes that represent the Aroint people." Micheal paused to look at me if I want to said something, but I did not. "We are the true species that once inhabit Aroint before we were brought here. There are a thousand of us without the influence of the Atlantean; we are free but we cannot survive without the vessels. We cannot breathe their atmosphere. That is how the other one die; he will the vessel to stop breathing. Its a painful death but it was needed to stop them testing us. We heard of the renegade as there were some of you before, but you are special as you are our leader. We had you tracked down and contacted with the sacrifice of one of ours. You have some questions I believed." Micheal paused to take a drink as I looked at the man to place my questions.

"Assuming you are right, then how did you escaped the serum? I was given ..impression that all was assimilated by it. So how did you fight it? An anti-serum?"

"No, we did not have that. I know you have one. A prototype which allowed you to be with us again. Yes, I probed your psyche as I am gifted to do so. But I will stop if you do not allowed it. Back to your question, there are few of us who escaped the assimilation, We reside in the unused vessels and escaped. We are few compared to the millions who are assimilated. We been fighting since then to save the race. You heard of reports of some vessels which are renegade. They refer to us and they exterminate us on sight. I know you are confused since you have the Freed to assist you. But I would be wary of the Freed as they are Atlantean in the mind." The two ladies are recovered fully now and staring at me.

"Heptanes?" I asked.

"One of the evil twin as you knew but he did not tell you that he was there that day to assimilate the first batches. He is evil and his sudden turn around to me stands for something sinister in his coming works. He may had developed the anti-serum but does it worked on en masse and does it have side effects. He has yet to tell you. We do not work with Freed. We work alone. I won't work with Heptanes." Micheal got up and so are the ladies. "We have to go. The other officer is looking for you."

Micheal and the ladies got up to leave by the front stairs. Before he left me, he pass me a card. "Seek her for the right answer."

Its written on it as the Oracle. There is a number there.

Micheal has left and I can hear the steps downstairs at the rear of the shop. I walked back downstairs using the rear stairs to stare at Snide' gun pointing at me from below the stairs.

"Where did you go? I though they took you like before or worse."

I climbed down and walked out the rear door. Snide was following me while I ignored him. I needed to have some place alone and time to ponder on my predicament; Freed, Aroint and myself.

"Snide, can you tell Senior I am on a case and will be away for a few days?" I did not wait for his answer as I walked back into the earlier cafe. I was out the front door and into the car. I drove off without Snide.

I am confused.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...