Monday, April 2, 2012

Speedy Boy turn 18

“Jonathan Blake, get your butt down here this minute.” I heard my mum and within seconds I was in front of her as I have superpowers. I am speed wizard if you can called one like me who moved with the speed of lightning. When I was five, I was struck by lightninga and since then I been a superb boy. But I am seventeen so Mum has control on my life but not for long as in twelve hours, I would be a MAN. Then you all called me Speedy Man.
“How many times have I told you to put on your diapers if you are going to don your spandex? Do you know how soap suds I need to put in to get those stains off.” Mum is my mum as you know but she is also known as Tornado Whooper; sorry, I meant Tornado Lady. When she is annoyed, hell haths no furies like that of my mum being annoyed. She would whip up her tornado spins on you and you would fly Washington Florida in super record time. But thank God, she has none of thsoe super powers. I just made it up to scare you.
“Pardon me, Mum. It was not me who put those stains there. I had to fight with Muddy Man and he set a trap for me in this large muddy hole. I had to swim my way out but I defeat him in the end. Right now, he is doing time making clay models of myself and you included in the heavily fortified Prison of All Powers. I am sorry, Mum. I thought I had those muds cleared out.” I looked at her with my dimples all showing to her. She always loved that and would sway to my favor.
“Well, I was not refering to those stains. It was the one which you been leaving since you reached puberty. So keep it clam down or take a break sometimed behind the shed or some place discreet. At your speed, speed of execution won’t be an issue.” Oh, darned that freakish villian of mine. He left those gloosy prints there to tempt me and I fell for it. Or stained on it. I said to myself, I would see the Pen Man doing his time filing old newsprints for life. Pen Man is a bane among us good citizen of this city as he been poisoning the minds of the young and noble citizens.I guess its time to bring him to down hard on his evil thoughts before he futher blemished my reputation.
“Oh, Jimmy. Joni called on the speed dial. She cannot make it to the streets tonight. So she said you best hang it out dry tonight. I wondered what she meant by that.” I thanked Mum and speed back to my room. The next moment I was on the speed dial with Joni. She is another superb being of making things go slow motion. With the two of us together, we slowed down the tango moves to waltz across the floor in our rock and roll.
“Hi Jimmy. I am having a headache and at my power speed, it would be days. So do me a favor; patrol the streets alone tonight without me.” I got to admit talking to Joni is like taking a mule tram across the city limits. By the time she completed her statement, it was time for me to don my costume as Speedy Man; sorry not for another three hours. Speedy Boy would be on the street alone tonight.
At my speed of covering the city streets, Marilyn Monroe would need to wear stapels to her dress as it won;t billowed up but get blown off. Soon I was on the rooftop of the happening club ‘Coral Me Ok’. I am expecting some villains to be here tonight but it looked my information leak may had also dripped to the other side.
“Hello, Speedo.” Not tonight please, I can’t be seeing her without Joni here. I mean to say I cannot be seen with her without Joni knowing. Or is it the way around, I am so confused. That is Pouty Lips or Plastic Girl. She is every heroes dream but like me, we are still the kids in the superhero lineup. But she got a body to trip over the volcano if you know what I mean. She is ten in the score of nine counts with one more upright at you know where.
“Oh, hello Plastic Girl. I thought you.....” I never got to complete my statement as my eyes popped out in amazement at what she done to her costume. I mean she has grown into her costume since we presented it to her five years ago on her acceptance to the Legion of Heroines. She got her power falling into a plastic container mixed with a new mixture. Since then she had molded herself with the plastic properties and they punched a hole where it matters.
“Motion Lady got your moves slowed down or you like to drop your jaws when you see me?” I corrected my facil expression and re-focused on the scene below. You can tell as there could be some outstanding villians down there.

“No, I am waiting for some leaks I got earlier. I was told that Volcano Man is coming here with Breaker Lady so I intend to nab them before they partner up to some new crimes.” I raised my right leg to place it on the railing of the roof as its getting quite cramped on the thighs below.
“Let me assist you.” Plastic Girl stood next to me and leaned over the railing. I could had sworn that its amazing what can be laden with plastic can even defies gravity pull. I was not so blessed as my spandex does not carry air-cold vents. “Wow, is it hot tonight or am the only one feeling the heat?”
“I can agreed with you, Plastic Girl. It must be the near presence of Volcano Man who is generating the heat. Would you like an ice cream? I know a good spot for a late night scoop.” She nodded and I almost plonked off the railings onto the street but my super reaction saved me  the embarassement. I whizzed down ten streets and five roads before I stopped at the ice cream kiosk. I know Albert the Ice Cream Man for some time now.
“Two large Pinky Orbs to go. Do you want it in the DD Cup so you could hold it better? You know extra handles given at your speed; everything would melt before the cone gets bitten.” I could had sworn I needed a swim to cool down but I juts nodded to his request. I sped back up the street and up the wall to the roof. Did anybody tells you at the speed of light, no brake pads would work but you don’t go through at the stop sign no matter what.
“Plastic Girl, why is your costime hanging here?” I was holding onto a pair of DD Cups and she is leaning over the railing in her baby suit. Me? I was going ‘ape’ in my mind then.
“Oh, it was getting hot and I was afraid my plastic connections would melt. Did you bring me the ice cream? Thats’ nice you of to remember the Cup size.” She walked over and took them icy cones from me before they got all melted to the cones. “Oh, Speedo. Happy 18th Birthday. You are a  Man now. So am I if you recalled we share the same birthdays. I am now a Lady.”
The next morning, I had to called Joni.
“Hello Joni. I thought I speak before you do as you tend to takes things slower and I am quick to the draw. So I would be drained...... I meant darned honest with you that I think I am calling off the heroes acts here with you. You can patrol the street without me. I am moving to a new city soon which needs some taking care of. So try not to catch up with me as you could hurt yourself with the way you move. But if ever need a partner to assist you, Mum is ever willing to recommend you one. So that’s my final good bye to you. Its my ability; fast and swift, and you may forget me soon enough. I left a present for you at your letter box. Its my parting gift.” I placed down the receiver and walked to the Departure Hall where Plastic Lady awaits me.
As I sat down on my seat on the fast plane to my next city with Plastic Lady, I could visualise Joni playing the CD I just presented to her. I remember the lyrics well.
Woman- Jimmy please say you'll wait for me
I'll grow up someday you'll see
Saving all my kisses just for you
Signed with love forever true.

Man - Joni was the girl who lived next door
I've known her I guess ten years or more.
Joni wrote me a note one day.
And this is what she had to say.
“Don’t cry Joni” sung by Conway Twitty.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...