Friday, April 20, 2012

Toys Part 2

"Where am I? And who are you?" But my young lady nurse ignored me and walked out the bedroom. Soon she was to bring in an older man dressed like a Professor.

"Hello, Professor Schimdt, or shall I called you your new identity; Harry Cone, criminal at large, and alleged serial killer. They have circulated your image and you are one badly wanted man that even the criminals circle will offer to turn you in. But I am not keen on any reward as you are one of the misfits according to my brethren. Please allow me to explain myself."

What I was about to hear made me revolted inside and at that time I really wished I was dead.

My world is not really my world, but a world created to look like mine. Its not a real world as its only created on a small continent in this planet. We are on the planet Medusa II in the Major Quadrant. We are originally from another planet named Aroint where my species thrive in peace and calm tranquility. We are an unique species as our incorporeal form allow us to inhibit any dimension we want. But we are few as we do not pro-create as other species. But our existence attracts many poachers and collectors. The species Atlantean are one who took many of us into imprisonment into this continent to study our form. They would like to assimilate into our form for their genetic engineering process but they failed to do so.

So they changed their aims, they imprisoned their own clones here in their form but with our soul into those vessels by the use of a serum which they engineered fake identities to subdue our ability to be independent of this assimilation. We are given identities and memories of these new identities to control on the vessel and us as the catalyst to assimilate the two together. Without our presence the new identities cannot assimilate into the vessel. We are like the body fluids that allow the vessel to function while the identities replace the memory. With the memory intact, the new identity takes over both us and the vessel. Its a form of slavery but this one is for their entertainment. They engineered the cities to allow our vessels to live in, but they changed the landscape and identity every few weeks to test new parameters they had set in. To them now, we are a set of game pieces to be moved and acted on their whims. We are a nation of toys pieces within a toy land continent.

But there is a breakaway group of these Atlantean who risked their life for us, to rescue us and get us out of the continent. My savior, Alexis is one whose father is the head of the organization called the Freed. His name is Heptanes, as both father and daughter hide here to rescue the ones which are freed of the control serum. which will allow us to regain control of the identity and vessel. There are a few who managed to do it on their own resistance but they are either rescued or terminated by the Atlantean Enforcers. Heptanes used the University facilities to developed the counter serum with the help of the unknowing clones and it took him a long time as he had to be discreet to do so with them not exposing his intentions. It was the second last subject who managed to synthesize the anti-serum but he was changed to become someone else before he can test it. Heptanes kept the anti-serum locked until the new Professor Schimdt came in which was me. But the next change of game rules as the Atlantean calls it was the next day instead of three weeks, hence my confusion of identity. I did not return to my home that day as I was knock out by the anti-serum in the lab. When the Enforcers could not trace me, they initiated a changeover of identity on me, and the new Professor Schmidt which was the other Harry Cone. They thought I had gone rogue and look to set me up as a criminal so I can arrested on sight.

I asked how did Heptanes and Alexis avoid detection for so long.

They told me that during coming change, they hid themselves in the woods and only come out when its over. They also avoid the Enforcers with the aids of some others like them. The Freed is not only them but about a hundred of them. But Heptanes is the one with the mission to develop the anti-serum. There are some casualties among them too as their identities are discovered and exposed to the Enforcers. But their mission will continue as long as this atrocity continues.

But now with the anti-serum, they can save more of my people from the slavery and be returned our freedom. But to produce the anti-serum, they need to have the facilities like the lab at the University and to secure the needed materials. They have one advantage in me; I know how to re-produce the anti-serum as I have the identity of Professor Schimdt in me.

But what amazes me was that the number of my species in imprisoned here goes not into the thousands but millions. To be exact its five million of my species here on this toy continent. The vial which I still hold can only be used on four more clones or species. I need to select my team to do the main mission.

But who do you choose when their identity changed every three weeks, and how sure am I that they will assist in the mission upon conversion. The four I am to save must consent to act for the five millions lost souls here.

"Professor Schimdt, are you ready to save your species now?"

I looked at the extended hand for me to hold as a gesture of my acceptance.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...