Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tawa Incident 1.22


23:48

I got the call from Heidi.

"Jon, there was a backup controller for HOTS. The deadman switch was with Huge Draken. Once he activates it, all the forty eight satellite would fire on their assigned targets at exactly 24:00. You got twelve minutes to stop him. The remote transmit the signal and at exactly 24:00 it would activate the sequence."

"Unless you blow it to bits." Heidi gave me her blessing.
 

23:54

I had the OTO in my sight. I checked the craft console but there was no weapon on board. Then it dawned on me; I am flying the weapon. I pedal on the thrusters and went for a direct hit.


23:59:20

I could see Doctor Yes, manning the OTO with Huge. They looked at me and were getting desperate. It was then the Sun shone into my eyes. I raised my hands to block the rays.


23:59:30

The Sun made me move the craft slightly and the wingtips hit the OTO causing it to plummet down into the atmosphere.The damage had caused a tear in OTO hull, and when it went down, the craft melted in the re-entry. There was no signal sent out at 24:00.



24:01

I am floating in orbit on a disabled craft with limited oxygen, while looking at the Sun. The Sun is the catalyst of life with its mate, the Water of Life. They nurtured the land and made it fertile; gave us te food to feed ourselves and above all a source of life. We owed the Sun so much and yet we take it for granted. We curse at it when we feel its heat; we begged for it when its too cold, and we walked past it daily without looking at it. Now I am looking at it, and yet some people would used its influence to gather power. I am saddened by it but I averted it today; but not everyday would be in my favor. I only hoped the next time some one would be there when I am not available. 

"Mr.Blake, you disappoint me." I looked behind from my pilot seat and saw Honey Rider standing there. "You could had marooned us off on a deserted island. But on a frigging orbit with limited oxygen. If we were to make love, we might reduce the time limit to half its time. If we stay decent and calm, perhaps we may last an hour."

"Then again, I would prefer to die satisfied." Honey smiled. "Besides sex, I am more satisfied with your death."

Honey reached for her black jacket and removed it. She then unbuttoned the top few buttons to loosen her blouse. Then she reached behind her and pulled out the twin dark fighting sticks. She pressed a hidden switch on her stick to pop out the short blade.

"I am ready now. Are you?"

I nodded and stood up with my back towards the Sun. I can feel its radiance on my back as if it was feeding me with it power. I can feel the power coursing in my body.

"I am the Light of the Sun." I flexed my muscles and smiled at her.

"I heard of sunstroke, but this is above it all. You are dead now." Honey walked towards me swinging her fighting sticks in front of her. Then the alert went off.

We were weightless. The craft lost its gravity lock.

If I done my best action on the waterbed so I can do well here. I turned my body while floating on the weightless environment. Her right blade missed me by a close distance. I had to somersault onto my back to avoid the left blade. With that somersault, I find myself looking at her feet. I grabbed it and pushed Honey Rider to the rear. In this environment, you end up floating upwards. 

Honey hit the top of the craft and she also lost her hold on the sticks. The sticks floated in mid air but I was not keen on collecting them. I just palmed them back to her. The sticks on its own trajectory stab embedded itself on Honey's right thigh and left lower ribs. Blood does not splatter here but trickle out in their drops.  

Then the alert went off.

The gravity is online again.

She fell back to the flooring with the sticks still in her.

"Aargh!" Honey Rider died that moment on the craft. I also fell back but on my front. I picked myself up and walked to the pilot seat. I checked the system and realized that the gravitation system came back when its solar batteries recharged up.

Now I am all alone.

To die in space.

Maybe not alone. I have the Sun for company.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...