Monday, August 5, 2013

Sweets Dream are made by us


 
 
 
 
 
“All the dreams of the child are protected by the mind. Intrude at your own risk.” Jimmy Loong 2013

 

The child took to the bedding and closed her eyes. She would slipped into her dream state with her young innocent thoughts. I would bid my time to come in when she sleeps.

Soon my child. Soon you would be mine. I had whispered to myself while I hid in the dark corner. Let your thoughts flow. Picture not your mum and dad. They are leaving you here now for me.

I scent her milk trail; from the bottle to the nape on her neck. Yes, the smell of the mother's milk brought me my own memories. I had suckled on my mother's until she weaned me off. I knew not why, but soon I was to witnessed it myself, the ones to replaced my need.

How could a mother turned her own child away? Was it not that mother shared their love for all? We were from her body and yet she shunned me then.

Like you, my young child. I waited my turn. Soon the numbers dwindled and she was all mine.

I wished it was then but she turned off from me. She wept her loss and forgets the one she had.

I never forget.

I made sure she did not.

She would never birth another after me.

I knew then as she remained inside me. A part of me was from her but now she was all mine inside.

Hush! The child had slept.

I must pierce the dimension now. A flimsy barrier for one who wield the power like mine.

Yes, child. I am here for you. Your dreams for mine. I would shared mine with you. Dreams that would make you run. A run to nowhere and everywhere.

Welcome to my dark world.

Halt! I heard the voice, but I saw was the toy. A pin cushioned that holds a sword. Are you mad, Teddy? Does the pins in you made you bold or blind to your vulnerability?

Teddy, you do not fear me. I am fearful you are not, as I am in fear of what I could do to you.

Oh, you are the Fairy Godmother to the child. Another bedtime tale perhaps to her, but in my world, you are a pin cushion.

What's happening? Where am I? Who are you? I seen not you before. How dare you stare at me? How could it be? I am smaller than you. I was like you before, the tiny teddy to my monstrous self.

No, Teddy. You are a mage trick. I should burn your image off.

No! It can't be. My fire does not kill you. I can't be here. I am ....no more in my own. I am .....yes, I am in yours. Teddy, please forgive me. I was just scaring her. I meant no harm. Its my dream to do it.

No, I won't come back again. I promise you this. Not to her, and not to anymore children. I promise.

Thank you, Teddy. I would leave now. Bye.

Only a fool believes the Boogie Man. I would hide the dragon suit and donned next my evil Queen one. Like my mother, you are so easily fooled.

 
Footnote:

This tale was based on the four pictures above. It spoke of a young child who had to looked under the bed, or in the closet every night before falling asleep. We all had done that once or more in our life. We had our protector with, from Barney to Barmy GI Joe, and even the dreadful Batman. Somehow on some nights, they forgot that the Boogie Man could changed appearance.

But I had my Teddy with me. He knew all those charades. With Teddy, I had a lot of good dreams. I am sharing with you one of them now.
 

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...