Friday, August 23, 2013

Maggie, WASP 1944


"Molly, the crazy cows are out again."

I heard my mum. It must be Daisy; she's one old hag that would never do without her morning walks. I wished Maggie was here. She knew how to handle Daisy better than myself.

"Maggie.." I sighed. It had been over a year now. She went plum crazy when they offered to have ladies fly those army planes.

"What does a lady know about flying?" I muttered to myself. There was a tap on my shoulder. I looked up.

Its Maggie in her flying uniform.

"You are one plum crazy pilot, Maggie."



Footnote:

In life, we all have crazy notions, but it was all worth it when you finally done it. The best audience you can ever wished then would be your own siblings when they appreciate your home coming. There is no home like your own.

A salutation to the WASP pilots of WW2. They were the pioneering civilian female pilots, employed to fly military aircraft under the direction of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. They were created on August 1943, numbered 1,074, flew over 60 million miles in every type of military aircraft before they were disbanded in September 1944. The WASP was granted veteran status in 1977, and given the Congressional Gold Medal in 2009.

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...