Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Special: My Georgie came a calling


"Wary be the humble traveller of biting tooth and slashing claw, and more so when in pilgrimage through ancient timber; yea be the dangers of the wood, O proud child, yea they be. But lo, does there exist any journey more terrible than those through the sulphurous cave, derelict castle, or coverless moor? Nay, for within such places dwell the most noble, mighty, and terrible of beasts: Dragons!" The knight below my claws shouted out in his plea for mercy.

"I swear that was what I read on the cave entrance." He strengthen his case for mercy. "I thought it was a Halloween joke from last year. Or years before that. I swear I had no bad intents."

I glared at him; puny human dressed without an armor and held no lance nor sword. I wondered when would they ever grow up. I took my feet off the 'merciful knight' and checked my claws. None broken or chipped. The knight got up and tried to escape from my cage. I reached out for the hidden switch and released the iron grate that was designed to hold these puny invaders in here.

"Argh! Let me go , dear Dragon. For the love of God, I had told you the whole truth and nothing but the truth." The knight was trying to squeezed through in-between the railings.

"I say, dear knight. You might do better if you had gone on that diet of organic growth. You current girth; may I placed it politely, is too obtrusive at the current dimension." I looked at my other feet claws. Then I shrieked out in agony. The poor knight went pale on the sight of my pain.

"Do you know how long it would take to grow your claws back?" I leaned down from my height to looked at him. The knight shook his head.

"I am sure you wouldn't. It takes years and the amount of manicuring on the stone walls to get it perfectly oblong." I spelled it out to him in the plain words. "Its agonizing."

It was then I noticed the trickle of water that was trailing down from the gate side. I stepped over and the poor knight cowed himself on his knees, trembling with fear.

"I am not fighting you. I am just checking the roof here. It could be leaking." No, there was no leakage there. I traced the leaks and found the source.

"Young knight, do you mean to tell me that you had peed in my cave? Do you know I had those bats banished for that offending smell, and now you are doing it." I glared at the young knight. "Do you want me to burned you to crisp with my flame?"

"Oh, mother of love. Please spare me. I had explained to you. I stumbled in here by accident." The young knight pleaded. "Here, I offered to wipe it clean."

The young knight took off his shirt and started mopping the floor. Gawd, I turned away. What manner of this knight, that he displayed his naked torso to one who is a maiden among the beasts. I stepped back to let him do his chore in peace while I looked at my surrounding. All I could recalled was I slept that evening as usual at the sight of the sinking sun. It was good for me to sleep early, it preserved my scales from aging beyond my time. Next I knew it was dawn and then his pesky knight was looking up my muzzle orifice. He was lucky I did not snort or he would be crisp bacon served on the plate by now.

"Hum," I sighed. The cave looked as it was not dusted for ages. I saw the dungs heap of the bats. Nasty creatures; hung by their legs and looked at you as if you do not exist. What mother would say if she visited me? Oh, she won't be coming. I heard from the owls, she had a tussle with a knight named St George. He impaled her hard and she died from the result. Nice way to go, knowing that you got it hard up.

"Hehehe..." I giggled. I looked up to the dark roof of my cave. "Sorry, Mum. Didn't meant that."

Gee, I must be beast crazy; I am imagining things that shoo shoo by Mum then. She once told me; Clarice my dear, you do not be naughty. Them beastly dragons are too eager but you wait your time. Don't rush like me. Your beastly father was a ...beast. He knew no love but for my bosom. So wait your turn, there would be a shiny knight one day that would come to seek your body and .....soul.

"Rest in peace, Mum. If he is here, I would tell you so." I spoke to the roof again.

"Who are you talking too?" The young knight asked while he wrung his shirt. Oh, he does have a six pack on his torso. Size eight perhaps far below. Anyway, he asked me a question. And its impolite for ladies not to reply.

"I was talking to my Mum." That frightens him off. They all do when I mentioned 'Mum's the word'.

"She's here?" The young knight went on his knees. "I did not do anything to you. Please tell your Mum."

"Oh, don't get your pants wet." Gee, did I said that. I knew the beasts used to chide me on that. "I meant to say Mum dead. She died when St George, you know..... " I did the scene of the impaled movement and then with Mum rolling over moaning 'death would prevail over her' looks.

"St George? Gee, that's long history." The young knight stood up. "My name is George too."

He does look ravishing. Gee, better than those bearded old man in the tin can suit. They needed the lance to show case their prowess.

"You looked rather ...big." The young George spoke to me.

"I am?" I blushed. I knew I grew faster than the others but it was genetic. Mum was huge. I side stepped to avoid his glare. It also showed my better profile. I been practicing over at the pool. It was then I remembered the pool was gone. It must had dried up last night or was it drained. There goes my moisturizing bath.

"Oh, oh. You are big." Young George complimented. I knew he would like to see the better part of me. Them butts are the best in my composure. I turned my head and looked at him.

"Tell me, George. How did you come in here? And in what tarnation made you wear that ugly drabs?" I was looking at his leggings; blue in color and tight hugging too. I can't deny the buttons looked stretched tight across. Must be the tailor' fault.

"Oh, I was hiking and then I saw the sign." Young George replied as he laid out his shirt to dry. He tucked in his hands into his back pockets, and straighten his back. I could had feigned fainted and let him have his way then, but I must be prudent. Mum said to check it out. Don't lose out to the loser.

"The sign that read that there was a dragon here. We ..... I meant I have never seen a dragon or even a cave. I walked in and saw you sleeping there." He looked to the gate. "I thought you were .....you know a statue or some graffiti on the walls perhaps, but you were real. I could had touched you..."

"You touched me...." I glared at him. "Where?"

I looked around my scaled body for marks of tear.

"I might had, as then was when you woke up. You chased me and placed your feet over me." Young George was trembling again. I had to admit, I was a grouch without my sleep or being disturbed in it.

"I did not mean to. It was just my curiosity." Young George looked down at his feet.

"Well, whatever was done cannot be ....undone." I sighed. I looked to the cave. I guessed it also time for me to leave here. I looked to young George.

"Tell me where is the castle of yours?" I asked him.

"Castle? I have no castle. I lived in a house at the city. On 17th Avenue. Its a modest apartment." He reached into his back pocket and drew out the off looking black contraption. He did something to it and then showed me a scene of his room.

My, my. The rascal was rushing things. I could see the bedding and the dresser. Not too shabby but untidy. Then I saw the number there on the bottom of he bed. Its said "Class of Year 2013".

"Class of Year 2013?" I spoke out. "What year are we in?"

"August 2013." Young George replied. It can't be. I must had slept for over five hundred years. No wonder he looked different. The pond had dried in that many years. I am also lifted of my curse if I had cleared five hundred years.

I could be myself again. I leaned over towards him.

"Can you kissed me?" I asked him with my muzzle lips pouted out. He was not overly eager. I encouraged him with a slight snort of the flames. He did and then I felt myself twirling in the cave. It was all so fast and then I was back to myself.

I was back to my Princess body. Oh gawd! I was naked. I grabbed his shirt and covered myself. He was a gallant knight when he offered me a fresh shirt from his leather pouch nearby. He even offered me his spare leggings. We did not speak as there were hardly anything needed to said. Love was after all about feelings. It was only the words to expressed it vocally. I raised up the iron gate with the hidden switch before we left the cave.

"Can we come back here to spend some nights here?" George asked me. I nodded. I never did make it in a cave before. Nor on a bedding with the banner that said Class of Year 2013.

Nor was I ever been driven in a E- Class before. They sure have a lot of leg space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just desire to say your article is as surprising. The clearness on your submit is just cool
and i could think you are a professional in this subject.

Fine together with your permission allow me to clutch your RSS feed to stay
updated with approaching post. Thank you a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...