Saturday, August 3, 2013

Flash Edition; The Spy who Loved me


"I was dancing to the tune of the Vienna waltz that evening when I believe in you. Your words touched my heart and made me want to believe that we were meant for each other. Your words was unbelievable then, you told me you may had fallen in love with me. But soon after that dance, I begin to believe in you. With your words, I laid my heart to yours and believe in you that we could be matched. A match which we satisfied our desire till the next morning. You kept on telling to believe in you, although I had confessed I did. I guess you need the reinforcement and I was yours, anytime you need me to tell you those words. Yet you left me lonely after that day, and fate dealt us a blow that you are to go far. You could had written but you never did to my replies. Yet I waited and cried for you. It would had been harder if not for John who came to consoled me. He told me that you are not ever coming back and I need not wait. I tried hard to not to believe in him but believe in me, I tried harder each day. It was not your words but the lack of it, that made me believe in you was the fool I was. Goodbye, Jimmy. If only you believed in yourself that I did believe in you. So tell me, how does it feel to dis-believed by one that had believed in you."

The letter drop from my hands as I weep at her departure on the ship. I wished she had believed in me., that I was Jimmy then when my real name was John. For the nation I served, I had to made believe to others to protect my name and the nation. My servitude over, I had come back to tell her, but she won't believe in me. A man imprisoned for years had changed my looks but never the belief in me. I am still her love. Even though she was the nation's enemy as a spy.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...