Monday, May 27, 2024

The Highland Tale; The King Act One Scene Six Sub Act Six

 

INVERNESS

ACT ONE

SCENE SIX

SUB ACT SIX

 

“I crossed the river just now. It is a lovely scene with the flowing waters and the fowl and the geese all there.” King Duncan smiled. “To hold that spectacular sight with the grandeur of Inverness, the castle holds a pleasant spot for anyone here.”

“Welcome, my King, to my humble abode. I ….” MacBeth was cut off by the King.

“Humble is the home, but the grand feeling here with the sweet air delights my noble senses.” King Duncan said. “My smell of the castle had picked up the delights of the Highlands. I think we are to have haggis and pudding for the banquet.”

“You are correct, my King. The cooks have been worKing hard to prepare the meals for the banquet.”

“Say no more, MacBeth. Let me grace your hall, where I am sure the barrel of whiskey awaits my thirst.” King Duncan pushed his way forward. He saw the elaborate décor and felt the drapes.

“Real ones. I am impressed. You are a fitting Thane for Gladis. I do wish you would do more for Cawdor. Last I was there, it was all the illusions that hoarded the décor.” King Duncan then saw the martins. “Even the birds know of the best dwelling to nest on.”

“That the martin,” The King looked to Malcom. “It is summer when the bird that builds its nest in the steeples of churches. The bird is smart decision to build its nest here proves how sweet and blessed the breeze is. See the nests there. These birds have built nests on every projection, carving, buttress, and corner of this castle. I have noticed that martins prefer to live and mate in places where the air is most fine.”

It was then that Lady Ellanor made her entry. She wore the white gown and was seen to have floated into the hall.

“Look, it’s our honoured hostess!” The King stopped then when he recalled that MacBeth was without a wife.

“My King. This is Lady Elleanor. She is the sister of Mary. She helps me with the household of the castle.” MacBeth introduced the lady.

“I am honoured to meet you, Lady. “ King Duncan was trying to recall the name.

“Elleanor, my King.” The lady did the curtsy bow towards the King.

“My lady, I am troubled sometimes by name, but I truly appreciate the lengths and... widths that my subjects go to out of love for me, but I still thank you for your love for this castle. It held the feel of a lady’s love, and the Tahen is worthy of your services.”

“In saying this, I am thanKing your Highness for allowing me to be in your presence. I hoped I was not in any way an inconvenience to you.”

“None whatsoever. You are here out of love for... me and your Thane.” King Duncan smiled.

“We are honoured to your efforts too,” Lady said while looking at MacBeth. “Even if they were doubled and then doubled aga …...  poor and small acts when compared to the profound honour your presence have brought to our home. In gratitude for the honours, you have given us in the past and those you have added just recently, we will always pray for and support you.”

“Where’s the Thane of Cawdor?” The King looked for MacBeth. “He stands by me yet remains unseen.”

“We had course him at the heels and had a purpose to be his purveyor; but he rides well And swift.” King Duncan smiled at the Thane. “And his great love, sharp as his spur, hath helped him to his home before us.”

“Fair and noble hostess, we are your guests tonight at Inverness. King Duncan smiled at Elleanor.

“We are always your servants. And our servants, we ourselves, and everything we own belong to you. It is all yours to use and enjoy, and we are ready to return it to you because it is really your own, after all.” Lady Elleanor picked her words to please the King.

“Give me your hand. Lead me with MacBeth, my host. I love him dearly, and I shall continue to hold him in high favour.” King Duncan smiled. “When you are ready, hostess. Let us grace the banquet now.”

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...