Friday, May 17, 2024

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this tale (shudder from mentioning it by the name.). The reason I had not, even thought I read it many times.,,,,,'

Some people believe the play Macbeth is “cursed,” and that has created a theatrical tradition: any mention of the play’s name, or quoting the play in a theater requires the offender to leave the room (or building), turn around three times, spit, curse, quote Hamlet (“Angels and Ministers of grace defend us!”), knock, and humbly ask to be let back in. This will remove the curse.

The play is frequently called “The Scottish Play” instead of Macbeth. Some literary historians will argue that Shakespeare wrote “actual” witches’ spells into the text of Macbeth. Whether due to the curse, the low lighting of the productions, or actor superstition, there are abounding stories of accident-prone productions, some that ended in death.

Even if an actor isn’t superstitious, it is best to keep mum with the “M” word so as not to stir up the fear of the curse among the company.

https://pashakespeare.org/press/the-curse-of-macbeth-the-scottish-play/#:~:text=Some%20people%20believe%20the%20play,us!%E2%80%9D)%2C%20knock%2C

Well, I am not a member of SAS or SEAL, but the call for me to try was always there. Hence, I took to the laptop and came out with my tale. By now, you woud had noticed that I made some changes to the tale. It's more like STARWARS version with the dark King, and the sisters are more than any; they are IT servers or rather an IT farm but they hold their own porgramming aka inspired by I, ROBOT. 

And more twist to the tales will come. 

I allowed some of the 'minor' characters to hold, their own in the tales, lending humour to the tale. And the last will be the 'WHODUNIT' revealed.

I am not writing MERRLYN (Or Merlin to many); the sequel or spin off from ARTHUR, and with my spare hours I will try to create the plot. I am at 25K words, and will add on more. 

So, what's next? I am unsure for I have a few unfinished tales..... and a promise to myself, I will complete them. 

Till, Tally Ho. 

(ally-ho is the traditional cry made by the huntsman to tell others the quarry has been sighted. It may also be used with directions, including "away" and "back") but i actually borrowed it from War Comics I read (and still reading); The phrase “Tally Ho” is a term used by fighter pilots to indicate that they have spotted an enemy aircraft or another object of interest

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...