Thursday, May 9, 2024

Merrlyn......

 

“You could have told me earlier that you were coming.” The figure huddled over the fireplace, using the iron poker to move the stones. “I would have prepared for you some meals. The cuy (guinea pig) salted tasted as good with the heated stones stuffed. I had it bred for the meat.”

"It reminds you of cooking over the brimstones, but the meat is less tender.” The voice came from the other side of the area. “I will pass on the offer, but I brought you some ale to your liking. The olde Saxon brew.”

“Mead? I have not had that for ages.” The figure stood up from the fireplace and then turned to look at the source of the voice. “Mead is not easily available here. Here we drink Chicha Morada mostly.”

“A fascinating drink made from purple corn.” The other figure was added. “I learned about the traditions of the inhabitants here. But tell me more about the rug. I thought the mountain cougar was a protected species.”

“It was dead at my doorstep when I saw it. I did not kill it, but the meat was served on my table soon after.”

“You were not one to give up on any opportunities.” The other figure was added.

Notes:

Yes, I am trying to get into the flow, of writing, circumventing the daily chores of life's works. It keeps my hands busy and not movijng elsewhere; pleasant journey there but I find writing more ....... climatic will be the better term.

And yes, I loved to re-hash Merlin/Arthur/ Round Knights/ the Angels and of course the insufferable Lucifer tales. This one will be different....I hope. God forgive me, I have redefine how the Angels are perceived here. It's like how SUPERMAN and SPIDERMAN get re-write their origins by different writers.....

It was an earlier unfinished tale, now editing and hoping to clear it off the archive soon. 

Till then. Tally Ho.

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...