Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.8

White Pawn

That place was not on any Trip Advisory page, but it would do for me. I stepped in and was confronted by the shout from the bar.

"The place is close." The person there was a guy tending the polishing of the glasses behind the bar. He was a large hunky man in his tight sweat shirt and a bandanna over his head. He also had a thick moustache on his upper lips making him an aristocratic look of a brawler.

“FBI, I am here to see the Manager.” I took out my badge to show him.

“Ian Bannion. I owned this place.” The bartender replied.

“Micheal Darren, Special Agent.” I introduced myself, while handling over the receipt. “Do you know who the patron? Perhaps you could check the system~”

“I know her. She is Virginia Smith. She is our regular.” Ian replied. “She’s here to see her friend, Steven. I don’t know his full name.”

“Do you know where I can get in contact with Steven?” I asked back. “Or his friends?”

Ian shook his head. He explained that he only knew Steven as one of his patron. However, he said Steven have another friend that also patronized his place.

“Her name is Alice or something.” Ian reached in and took out a name card. “She left it for me. It had her number and address. A great lay, but kinky at times.”

I smiled at the guy. It was out of curiosity I asked him of Sylvia Gates.

“Sylvia? Nope, I don’t know that name.” The guy shrugged his shoulders. “Listen, if you are cleared of your questions, I have loads of cleaning to do.”

That was my cue to leave the place. I thanked him and took myself outside to hail a cab. It was then my portable rang. It was Simon. He wanted to see me at the Morgue.

“Come in, Micheal. Doctor Brady had some update for us on Victim No.5.” Simon greeted me there at the Morgue. I saw the corpse on the metallic table. It was another lady.

“Micheal, meet up with Ruth Herring.” Simon motioned to me at the lady there. “Ruth Herring; twenty seven, single and healthy but without her vital organs. She was our duo this morning.”

I stepped up and looked at the body. I looked at the exposed cavity and noted the incisions made by the Coroner. It was not a fair sight for one when you had not accustomed to it. I seen many of it, but still I felt the urge to throw up whenever I am looking at it.

Doctor Brady stood by my side, and confirmed my observation.

“I compared her body to the other victim, Virginia. There was a distinct difference; Ruth had her organs removed with surgical precision but the cuts on Virginia were cruder. These are done by two different persons.” Doctor Brady smiled at his effort. “Ruth was killed by the original organ killer, while the copy cat did this.”

The copy cat was my conclusion having examined the three of the killings from the nine. The cuts were made without the precision of a trained professional.

“I would correct myself. Virginia cuts were more of like a butcher, or a killer. Of the many I had seen, they are not done surgically. The other two victims were the same as Ruth.” Doctor Brady supported my observations while he held up the surgical blade in his hand. “More to it, she was cut while still alive. Or near to death. A painful way to die.”

“Damn!” Simon cursed out.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...