Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Dark Queen of White 1.27.

27.

Queen Clarity sat there by herself in her chamber, reading the old scrolls. Her care, Snow White was confined to the chamber of her own for bad behavior. The ungrateful Princess had declared her detention with the loud screams and reducing the needs for new culinary.

“The Deadren Scrolls are good for show but had hardly any effect.”

Queen Clarity turned to looked for the source of the voice. It was a tall lady in her white gown, and held a bouquet of flowers.

“Who are you?” Queen Clarity called out, while her right hand had flared with a yellow flame on her finger tips. It would build up into a ball of fire which she could hurl it.

“My name is Nimue, and you may had heard of me as the Lady in the Lake.” Nimue introduced herself. “Let me show you my abilities.”

The flames in the Queen’s hand flickered off as if it had died off. Queen Clarity felt it and looked at the lady.

“It does not tell much.” Queen Clarity replied. “Even an apprentice of any wizard could do that.”

“You are right. I taught Morgana that, and she had taught you.” Nimue clarified herself.

“Morgana? How did…” The Queen remarked back, and then held back her words.

“I trained Morgana and before her. We of the Iron Ladies need to coach well to carry on the tradition.” Nimue trained her words towards the Queen. “I am the founder of the Iron Lady.”

“You are a worthy successor to the Iron Lady.” Nimue remarked back. “I like your courage and determination.”

The two ladies soon sat down to discuss a lot of things and soon became close friends. Their discussion soon came onto the King and his precious Princess.

“Clare, it’s a tall order for you to raise the Princess, given that you never had a normal upbringing.” Nimue brought it up. “I may suggest that you have her removed. It’s the best way.”

“Me? Killing a child?” Queen Clarity reeled back in shock. Nimue glared at her.

“You are an Iron Lady. The Princess would be your downfall.”

“I could kill a village, a town, but never a single child inside there. Not there and never here.” Queen Clarity told the Lady in the Lake.

“Then removed the King.”





No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...