Thursday, March 20, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.6

White King

I had sat at the table by the sidewalk cafe, and watched the authorities go to work at the crime scene. I should have been there but discretion was required. After all, I am the Area Supervisor, and one of my best was on the scene.

"I heard it’s another murder, with the organs removed like Jack the Ripper." I looked over to the voice who spoke. It was an older man speaking to his equally old friend. They looked like in their eighties, and deep into their own topic.

"Screw it, Sam. It won't help me with my condition. I got the call from the Medical Center. They don't have a match for me."

"Cheer up, Tim. They would find one soon. You would be fine like before." The older man pal tried to cheer his friend up.

"Screw it, Sam." I guessed that his only foul expression. "I know when I am to go. That dead one over there may have the organs transplanted to someone by now. Such are the rules of money."

"Tim, we would buy one then. I know of someone who could get it." Sam replied. "We could sell the house."

"Screw it, Sam. I prefer to die with money than none." Tim then stood up while looking at his watch. "It is time for me to go for my dialysis. You pay the bill for coffee."

I watched the old man leave, but I was not moved by his plight. He was one of many who needed new organs, but removing other healthy organs was not right. I had the mean to stop it, and would do so. It brought my mind back to the Queen of the trade. She used to run an operation that traded in organs. With the team then, I stopped her and closed the operation.

I checked my watch and it was time to move. I have an appointment pending. Soon, I stepped into the Precinct main door, and was confronted by the high towering front desk with the Duty Sergeant seated there. He was an older officer with probably twenty years under his badge, and glared at me before frowning. He must have a bad morning like some of mine, but with the years of experience I learnt how to cope with it.

"Supervisor Agent Phillips. I am here to see Senior Agent Darren." I flashed my badge to him.

The Duty Sergeant looked at it, and then motioned to the upper levels.

"Second level. Third door to your right." The Duty Sergeant had moved BACK to his load of paper works. I followed his instruction, climbed up the stairs and arrived at the door. I was to enter when I saw Commissioner Glades approaching me down the corridor. I recognized him from the few conferences we had met before.

"Agent Phillips, welcome to the City. I just came in and am glad to catch you." Glades extended his hand. I shook it and later we convened to speak behind closed door of the temporary office for the Feds. 

"Commissioner, I am here as these murders are more than a serial killing; it is also part of an international organ transplant racket." I told him. "I am here for the update from my field agent."

"Can you tell me more?" Commissioner Glades asked while he sat up on the chair that was taken. I had paced myself to the table where the laptops are laid in a row. They are normally manned by some technical agents, but for my meeting, I had them left the place. 

"I doubt it. We are not making much headway form the last report I read.” I replied.

“Sad, as I was due to brief the Mayor today.” Commissioner Glades stood up and leaned over.

“Dinner tonight and a late movie perhaps?” The Commissioner had been trying to get me for a night cap since we met. I knew then he was married, but maybe I looked like a temptress which he could not resist.

“You were a poor fuck from our last one. I need someone with more lasting performance." I replied with a smile. "Lithium battery preferable, my dear. Not your common graphite chunks."

"Yeah, but the graphite batteries comes with bigger shapes."


Both of us laughed. We did not fuck before but some sex humor helped to alleviate the stress levels. He left me alone there, but I had also a meeting with another old acquaintance.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...