Monday, September 9, 2013

Passion and Fruits



 


'I have stories of....' I stopped and crushed the paper which I had spent two hours to write. I tossed the paper to the bin, and was to start on another when Mum walked in. I leaned over to cover my writings, but who ever could hide from their Mum must be either Hannibal or Sigmund Freud. She placed the iced lemonade and slices of passion fruits on the plate.

"So you are stuck with the love letter, huh?" I looked up at her. She's better than Sherlock.

"Which part of me that had not eluded your observation?" I picked up the lemonade to take a sip.

"Elementary, my dear. You have filled up the bin with a roll of writing papers, that would had came from a thick branch." She picked up the ones that did get into the bin. I had to admit I was bad at hoops; with my height, I lose out to the leggy models would be. Both in shape and cheers; they are infallible in both.

"And you missed dessert, so I do the room deliver." Mum's are very considerate.

I shrieked out; it was not her but the passion fruit was yuck; combined with lemonade it was like having taking to take medicine. I dropped the slice of passion fruit on the paper. It blended in well with the brownish paper backdrop.

"Do you think it looked nice?" My Mum leaned over.

"Passionate..." She laid a kiss on my cheek. Mum's are great.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...