Monday, September 16, 2013

Oz; A remake of the tale 2.13


13.        New Alliance

 News of the battle went viral on the land as more of the people were reeled in by the return of Dorothy. Some of them are claiming her for the next Messiah. They forgotten about her sudden disappearance but her current fight with the witches. Resistances are spouting up and there was a call to unite under Dorothy.

The Rampsies, Nomes, and even Flutterbudgets are united to support Dorothy now. The Hornets are surfacing now that Dorothy is back. The Winkies are still undecided but they are coming for the talks. The Ants are leaving their hives to come for the conference, but just as they unite; the Hammer Head, the Kalidah and the Winged Monkeys are staying away.

"Dorothy, are we here to see you for good even after the war?"I heard the voice of the Rampsies. I was to answer when Hinkley walked up to the podium.

"Many of you knew me before; I am the Wizard of Oz. No, not the one you knew imprisoned at Emerald City. That was my brother,. Henry. He covered for me when I was away with my daughter, Dorothy." He held out his hand to me. I took it and stood next to him. "Dorothy Gale is your Princess Doreen Marge Pastoria. She is King Pastoria' missing granddaughter daughter. Princess Marge was my wife, when I was appointed as Wizard of Oz by the King himself."

The crowd was initially quiet and then they went riot with mutterings and infighting on the version which they want to hear. It was for a while and I shouted out.

"Hear,my father out, please. All of us needed the truth today."

The crowd went silent and listened to the man I just recently knew as my Father.

"I was an apprentice wizard then when I came to the Palace of King Pastoria. I was under the care of the then Wizard Zoocaster; a great wizard and teacher." My father started off his tale. "My master made me learn everything needed to be kike him, but I was not his best of student. I had my moments when I would sneak away to see the Palace. Its not everybody who gets to stay at the Palace and more so free to roam everywhere. It was on one of these excursions, I met Dorothy's mother; Princess Marge. She was singing in the garden among the roses and carnations. I can still remember her song. It was a song of love and freedom. She love the subjects in the kingdom."

"Well, I was there to spied on her most times until I was discovered by the young witch then; Margaret Truce. Margaret or Maggie was a student of my Master's mistress, the Witch of Oz then." That drew a gasp from the crowd. They must had known about the Witch then. But my father hushed them down.

"Maggie threaten to expose me to my Master or to her Mistress. I begged her not to and she made me swallowed the potion. I did not what it was but later discovered it was the potion of love. I soon find myself attracted to Maggie instead and we became lovers. Our first daughter was Kayellete; the one you all know as the White Witch. Soon to come was the other three girls."

"I was saved by my master who somehow figured out the issue. He knew about my longing to meet the Princess and even allowed me to sneak away. When I turned my love around, he was wondering on it for a long time. Not until his mistress told him that she had me poisoned like what she did to him. My master the Wizard of Oz then, called on a spell which destroyed his love for many years. His assumed love but one conceited from a love potion. He then banished off his mistress's student including Maggie. He cured me of my predicament, but it was too late."

"I have developed affection for my children; four girls who would need to followed their mother into banishment. I volunteered to go along with them despite my Master's pleading. In the end, I found misery staying with them, more so when my wife then accused me of plotting her Mistress death."

"My only peace of mind was to come back to the Palace grounds to listen to the melodies of the Princess. Soon she found me sitting there on the garden stool. We met, we spoke and we became friends. My master had also received me back as his apprentice. Soon I was promoted as the Wizard of Oz when the older one retired to the Magic Land."

"But my new position warrant more visits from my wife to comeback for her. I declined to do so as I was in love then with Princess Marge. My first and true love was then with her. King Pastoria knew of my love and barred us from seeing each other. He could not remove me as the Wizard of Oz, as it was the seat given by my Master, but he choose to ignore me. Instead he found the advice of the Witch of Oz; my former false love."

"I eloped with Princess Marge on discovering that our love was going to give us a child. We left one morning and hid in the forests and then the Daring Cliffs. There no one could find us as we had hidden in the cavern below the edge. Princess Marge gave birth to Dorothy there. That was why she named her daughter the Daring one, Dorothy. It was all fine until my love decided to end the issue with Maggie. I was on one of my routine trips to looked for supplied when Marge called on Maggie to meet at the Cliff."

"Maggie was a stronger and influential Witch then. She had many mistresses and she learned from the best. She waited for Marge and killed her. I saw it from under the cliff holding on to our child. My love died that day not knowing that it was her child second birthday. The words spoken by Dorothy then was "Mummy, I love you''

"I took Dorothy away to kept by my some good friends, and confronted my old lover. Initially, I wanted to fight her but I changed my mind. I was not her equal and needed to learn more. I went to her side to befriend her again and plotted with her the fall of King Pastoria. I shared my life with her again for my children and also my vengeance. I learned all I could. I became back the Wizard of Oz."

"During our earlier passages of love, we discovered the dimension travel, and when over many times acquired many things of interest. I found one and that was a stun phaser. Maggie did not know this."

"Soon after we topple the King, I used the phaser on Maggie when she was unaware of it. I sent her to Limbo and told the girls a tall story that she was killed by some loyal wizards. The girls believed me, and continued living with me. Meanwhile I had assisted the help of my brother whom I had sent over earlier with the pretense of an invasion. Maggie had then agreed but this time I went over with Dorothy. I left Dorothy there with Henry and came back. I decided to split the Kingdom into four parts so that the girls would not argue on the land. I soon left for the other side but the Land of Oz needs its Wizard. I deceived Henry to be me while I was over there. I do come back on occasions to perform some miracles and then leave. But that became more rare as Dorothy grew up."

"The rest you knew."

The crowd went silent and then there was the usual mutterings. I had to stepped in.

"People of Oz. I have forgiven my father for his action. Do you adhered to mine as your ruling Princess now?"

The silence was flat like the breeze that flew across the hall. Then it was the Nomes who prostrate themselves, followed by the Rampsies and then the Flutterbudgets. Soon everyone in the hall had prostrated themselves before me as their Princess.

"Now we got a war to finish." They all rose up and cheered me.

The Beaver Times said it well; "Witches of Oz to get their asses kicked".

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...