Friday, January 23, 2015

Tweet ..tweet ....23/01/2015... Loki was a challenge

I re-wrote Loki several times for reasons of researching the tale contents from the web. This version of Loki was not the same as the one most may know of; Loki of the Marvel Age.For this tale, I read passages of the trickster. It was not easy for one had to trace the notes to the penultimate source to verify it, and then to mold it in my creative mind how it could describe.

Why Loki? And not Thor or even Odin.

I guess, I was fascinated by the character since the days when I read Thor the Comic. He was a doctor then with a walking stick. I stuck with him even he became a construction worker, and from there to architect. Enough of Thor. Loki was always his nemesis; but never could he be truly defeated for he was Thor's half brother.

But there was no real background on Loki, only his troubling antics that made scenes. When I last saw the Thor movie, again Loki was portray as the enemy.So I asked myself; who is the real Loki and why did he dislike Thor?

From the pages of Prose Edda and other linked sources, I discovered Loki. He was described in the pages of my tale.

I hoped you like it.

Cheers
 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...