Saturday, January 3, 2015

Othello the Legatus Act 4 Scene 2 Prologue 28

Prologue 28

Desdemona walked in on her father in the Library. She was very upset and cared not if her father was pre-occupied there. He was actually with the person who was the focus of her anger.

"How dare you be here?" Desdemona glared at the man who was seated there. Cassio shot to his feet and approached her. She side stepped him and stood by her father.

"He leaves or I will." Desdemona told her father. Brabatio was surprised and shrugged his shoulders. He smiled and exit from the Library leaving the two there. He was used to his daughter barging in and would not sit in for another one.

"Desdemona, I was way out of line." Cassio explained himself. "I like you but I do want to protect you. I knew..."

"You are crossing your boundary. I am a grown lady. And could make up my own mind." Desdemona was upset. "More to it, he was your Legatus."

"Exactly my point. I knew him. And ...." Cassio was spluttering out his sentences, but Desdemona replied faster.

"You accused me of adultery." Desdemona told him.

"Claudia accused you. I happened to be there and tried to caution you." Cassio replied. "I also knew Othello. They were a pair."

"And he had broken off with her. He told me." Desdemona told him what she knew.

"That was what I was indicating. Othello had some friends which he hardly keep them longer than a period." Cassio explained. "He garner their sympathy for his wounds."

"I have my sympathy for him. And that had nothing to do with your ...saving me." Desdemona left him there. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...