Saturday, January 17, 2015

Othello the Legatus Act 5 Scene 2 Part 2

Act Five Scene 2 Part 3

Othello looked to Desdemona who was still holding the dagger.

"Clean this up, woman. I got a battle to fight now." With the Othello left her in the room. Desdemona looked to the body that was on the flooring at the base of her bedding. The blood was flowing from the wound in the chest, but she still breathe.

"Emilia!" Desdemona rushed down to hold her friend. "I did not mean to do that."

"It was him, I had kept the dagger." Desdemona continued on. "Why didn't you stopped me?"

"Its okay, my Lady...... I saw the dagger coming and welcome it. You have none to blame, but he needed to see how much you loved him." Emilia whispered out. "Your stabbed me because I had lain with your love. Its the inner sanctum of yours now that he is yours. How could you bear to know that he had shared that?"

"No..." Desdemona replied back.

"Yes, I would had done it...... If I knew too. If I was his love, I would hed done the same. We are women. We cherished our love. We do not share it. .....Even if we knew they do, we would never do it. We hold it .....inside us for them. And them only."

"I...." Desdemona tried to find words.

"Remember I told you that men and women despite....their vows may still go on with others....its true, but we are not them......or more you are not like them. You were ...the exceptional. You ..."

"No, Emilia. I was not. I too had my lovers but yes, I did not offered everything. But I did offered enough to make even myself loathe the things I would do ....love." Desdemona told her. "I only pretend to be the sacred virgin for show. But it was true, that I love Othello. It was ...so fast and so willing. I gave it all. I loved him."

"I knew...He had the charms to make you feel special. He was before....." Emilia jerked in her body and threw up some blood. "But I needed more. I wanted him to be perfect......"

"His mask was the one that drew me more closer to him. I pitied him, and from the sympathy, I developed love." Desdemona told her. "I wished I could had reached him beneath the mask."

"Then we are opposite. I was drawn away by the mask. I loathed it, but before that...I was his." Emilia smiled. "Funny how one looked at beauty from different views."

"You had Iago, I never knew..." Desdemona cried for her friend's hardship.

"A penance for my wrong doing I guess. One which I never learned. I bargained with the demon to release me with your's to the pits of Hell. I should had known, the pain, and yet I draw you in. I am so sorry, my Lady."

"No, Emilia. We are both sorry for we fell for the same men, at the wrong time." Desdemona told her.

"You can still solved yours. Go to him. He may now have doubts, and maybe the truth may unveiled for both of you." Emilia smiled and then collapsed in the arms of her Lady.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...