Sunday, January 11, 2015

Othello the Legatus Act 5 Scene 2 Part 2 Prologue 34

Prologue 34

Othello reined in the horse and dismounted upon his ride from the tavern. He was behind the trees in the dark but was soon met by the four tribesmen leaders he had met earlier.

"We got your message, Son of Gessikrik. Have you come to terms with yourself?" The leader of the four approached him.

"I need your help. I want vengeance." Othello told him.

"Of which we also harbour in our heart. Your legion fought well, but more so was the works of its leader." The leader replied. "We harbour no ills to a greater warrior, but blood sacrifices would settle our warriors. They preferred to die in battle than of old age."

"Of which they would, but not this one. I would exposed the weak link in the Legion. You assemble the men to attack at dawn." Othello told him.

"Why, son of Gessikrik?" One of the lesser leader walked up and asked. Othello looked to the man.

"For my redemption to my father's name, and also for vengeance. They had me replaced with another as the Legatus. One that had betrayed me for friendship and love."

"You sound bitter, son of Gessikrik. I worry your judgment may be influenced by it." The leader replied. "We can avoid the battle to another day. You sort our your emotions. We would welcome you back when we meet again."

"No! There would be no tomorrow. I may sailed for Rome and be parted from all of this. Its dawn or nothing." Othello replied. "We all want one thing; vengeance. Yours and mine. Do it by dawn or we would be enemies forever. With the new Legatus, there would be no mercy."

"We would discuss...." The leader replied, but Othello pressed on.

"Your reply now. Or none would be heard." Othello told them. The four leaders stared at him for a while, and then the main leader nodded.

"It would be done. Tell us your plans."


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...