Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Tweet...Tweet... I did not expect ....28/04/21

 Since last year when I was not writing then, I have been reading... and one article took my interest; Dante's Divine Comedy. As it was in Latin, I took on the English-translated version. No, I did not read it all, but excerpts of it. I went from there to the reviews and comments on the poem. 

No, I am not into another insight into God, as I did on Legion and the Crusaders series, but more of what was the afterlife world. It is like to when you read of new worlds or rather write on those, like in New Pangea. So many things to explore on, and to create. Dante had it well described there in the afterlife. Every other religion spoke of the afterlife with their own versions of Hell and Heaven. 

I won't deny that I have questions about life after death like where do we go and what will happen there. It did not help much when younger, you hear of the versions of it from the adults. My inquisitive mind did not stop me there, and I did read a lot of it. Was I afraid of death? At one time, yes but not anymore. 

Movies like The Thirteenth Floor, and Dark City, Thirteen Ghosts, And even Ghost Ship make me cringe. It took me a while to look at the water in the tub as water and not blood. I don't watch Korean Horror; don't know why but I got turned off. 

Anyway, back to Dante. It was a challenge to frame the opening chapters, and I did. I am at Canto VII of Inferno. I am tempted to do this own adaption with references to the original Dante's tale. And I am doing it. It will be a new read with much a do of the questions of mine to the issue of Afterlife. 

My last challenge was the passage; Pape Satàn, pape Satàn aleppe. That took me through some heavy reads and more to it changes to my part of the tale here. I think I got it; well, my own interpretation and hope the readers like it. 

Till I hit more challenges, think of those words here. Why was it there?

Cheers



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...