Friday, April 23, 2021

Arthur II Book III Chapter 18

 

18.

 

If only time will be needed, it was Morgan who had it all. In the hidden dimension, where time moved in a different zone, her stay there gave her time to watch her belly grow and then the birth of the child. The child was named Mordred, the child of two persons; one of the soul battling demons, and another embracing darker demonic spells. The assimilation of the two to create one new soul gave it a balance of the two.

Mordred was born to the unique world there; full of magic and spells yet a nurturing realm of fun and joy with mystical creatures. He played with unicorns and nymphs with the occasional ogre which his mother was never too far to discipline the other.

“One-Eyed, how many times have I told you he is mine? So, put him down now or I will open your belly and pulled him out through your guts.”

The ogre standing at twice the height and frame of Man, with his dim-witted mind lowered the child held by the left feet from his mouth. The child was only two years of age had approached his mother on his wobbly walk.

“Mama…” Young Mordred held onto his mother’s right hand. He looked at the lady who had offered him nectar from the beehives.

“I want to play.” The child moved to hug the lady on her right leg.

“Where is your God Mother?” Morgan called out. From the bushes, appeared the nymph fluttering her wings and wiping her mouth. Another flees from the rear unseen by Morgan but her ears picked up the rustling leaves and her smell told her she did not want to know what transpired there. 

“Did you call?” The nymph asked. “I had my mouth full.”

“I can tell. I was looking for his God Mother and not his Minder.” Morgan roared and the forest there resonated with her voice.

“I am here. You don’t have to wake up the Ogres and Serpents. It's high noon, and they are all snoozing or whatever vices they may have unbarred.” The figure appeared from the undergrowth with her gown and hairdo disheveled as if she was in a romp too. Well, if she was the mating partner must have been desperate. Incidentally, she looked like an oak tree with a fat trunk towards the roots.

“God mama…” Mordred ran over to greet his other caretaker. “Mama angry.”

“I am! And what in this realm did you not miss when in the other?” Morgan looked to the figure that was rounded in the dimensions tucked into a shade of blue for the gown, and probably her tiara was lost in the undergrowth alongside what she may have beneath her gown but she still held a wand in her left hand best idle there.

“I was taking a …. the private moment off. I do have my rights to some private time.” The Godmother replied. Then she saw the Ogre standing there smiling stupidly.

“Oh, there you are, Jimmy. I could not find you so I settle for John, your best Ogre friend. He held those Southern charms bigger than yours.” The God Mother winked at Timothy. The Ogre groaned and clam his legs together.

“Sorry, dearie. When the call came, you were just not there.” The God Mother nailed the issue on the knob.

“God Mother! For the realm's sake, the kid is here. Be more subtle.” Morgan whisked her child back.

“Well, for one. I was subtle if not the phrases I would use would be more enticing. And for next, I did not volunteer to be his God Mother. I was happy…”

“You were voted by the fairies to be one.” Morgan reminded the lady fairy.

“Under duress, my dear. You wanted to change us all into stick insects. We had to take a vote and I was the stupid one to step forth to say ‘Aye’. I thought the ‘ass’ as I was once as Mother with twelve kids in a shoe house, I could manage one brat by myself one twelve the time I have.” The fairy recalled her days when she was the doting mother of twelve then.

“You were a rat then.” Morgan reminded her. “The f… I almost slipped there. The rat left you with the burden.”

“Rat! He did but I raised the kids well. They went to work hard. One even became a Chef Sous de Paris, and the one would have worn boots if not for the pesky cat.” The fairy lady lamented on the lives of her kids.

“And one jumped into the clock causing the Hickory Cat to topple it.”

“No, that was the one that topples the Bridge.” The fairy smiled. “He was a genius with nuts and bolts.”

“Oh! What am I to do with you? I have my tasks to do here. I have to perfect my spells for my return to battle the ladies from the Lake, and …..”

“And you opened your belly to him. A fine task you did there. Do you know the odds of being conceived were…?”

“I wanted the child. He was to be the perfect creation to remove Arthur and his infernal Excalibur.” Morgan snapped back. “He is the creation of pure soul that vanquished demons and witches while I am the ….”

“The demonic witch that vanquish the heroes of such.” The fairy mother sighed. “What a ham of combination?”

“Stay your tongue, fairy…” Morgan hit out but the fairy cautioned her.

“Hold your strikes, my dear. Godmothers are rare here. And more when they love to your child like me. And more it, I do have the right to refuse the service.”

“Bah!” Morgan knew that she was a checkmate there. She can’t be minding Mordred when she also needs the time to fine-tune her spells. She has the luxury of time, but it was limited. Mordred grew every moment, and soon he will need to return to his realm to fulfill his destiny.

“Just take care of him. I have much to do.” Morgan stepped away. She turned to look at the child. He was still hugging the God Mother. It was obvious that he likes her more and most times when he approached his mother, he gets shooed off to the God Mother. She can’t tell him that why she won’t milk him for she feared it may be tainted with her demonic self. Mordred is by himself already with his demonic soul suppressed most times by his father’s innocence and his from his age. He will grow one day and he will feel that demonic soul and that’s when he will do her bid.

“I am sorry, Jaseth. I was … self-preserving. I know you may hate me but know this before you do kill me, I did and do love you. If I can undo all of this I would but the destiny of our love and child has been pre-ordained.” Morgan turned back to her private area to resume her learning.

“Come here, my child. We are going to cook a meal to eat. And maybe set the table for three. Timothy will join us.”

“No, he won’t eat you this time.” The fairy told him. “I will bite him. And no, you can’t bite me. I know I have a pair but it hurts. Or it's no milk for you.”

Young Mordred bared his growing teeth and snarled.

“You wished…”

As it was for Lady Vivianne, she had no choice. She was in the chamber of Lady Igraine at Camelot.

“Do not call for help. I have placed a spell over the chamber. No want will hear or see us.” Vivianne looked at the old witch. Lady Igraine stood there dressed in the dark blue gown, haggard-looking in her expression was with her new pet the dark serpent which had grown to twice its dimensions with its coiled tail.

“Leave me whoever you are. I do not need any help.”

“Lady Igraine, you are a drain of your soul by that. Your new powers are deadly yet it’s fatal to your soul. Discard yourself from it or faced termination.”

“Perish that thought, White Witch. I have my reasons to be with the dark ones. I will avenge my lover. Merlin will be my first and not last to die.”

It was then Merlin appeared there. Vivianne looked at him with surprise. 

“Don’t be. I know that spell too. And how to counter it to come here..” Merlin looked from the lady towards the other. He saw the dark creature.

“What the… How did it come here without me knowing?” Merlin was shocked. He had placed a spell on the castle and yet many have intruded in. “I must …”

“Do your learning on your own time. I have to stop her. If she gets stronger, she may yet challenge you.” Vivianne looked at Igraine.

“I am stronger than you may think. I will have Merlin’s head first.” Lady Igraine looked at the druid. “He who deceived me of my first lover, and then tried to prevent my daughter from being Queen.”

“Me I did the first but you were willing. And I did not stop the Queen. She was …”

“Enough of your words, druid. I will challenge you now.” Lady Igraine held her hands together in front of her and called on the spell to spear Merlin in the heart. The druid countered the spell with his shield of the Lions and then counters the attack with a spell of containment. He had not meant to harm the lady.

Merlin’s spell was countered and the Lady tossed the next darker spell of levitation by calling on the items around her and hurling them at Merlin.

“Enough!” Lady Vivianne raised Arondight with both her hands and called up the shield to deflect the deadly items aimed at Merlin. The items including the goblets and cutleries towards the wall.

“Beware; I hold in my hands the blade of Arondight, the slayer of demons, witches, and all that is evil. Lower your guard or be prepared to die.”

“I will rather die.” Lady Igraine hissed back. “I shall conjure my new spell. Come forth the scales of the serpent and lent me your venom.”

The lady transformed into a dark serpent with its head raised and ready to strike. The serpent was thrice the length of Man held body girth of a huge thigh. Its head raised to the height was poised to strike with the fangs seen at the jaws and the hissing of its tongue.

“The dark serpent of Set. I should have known.” Lady Vivianne spoke in the tongue the words of the serpent lair. The serpent strike with its speed unseen yet by Man but Arondight as if by its own life, slashed out and removes the serpent head. The severed head fell to the ground, and its body withered in pain. It soon went out in dark smoke and all that was left on the flooring was a shred of dark scales skin.

Set the Dark Serpent slithered to beneath the bedding and Vivianne slashed down with Arondight on it. The blade sliced the bedding of its stand and onto the elusive dark creature of its tail. The serpent hissed out in pain and then slithered off back into the dark realm. Merlin was to strike when Vivianne stopped him.

“Serpent is without its tail stinger. It will be a target of the other dark creatures. It will not surface for a long time.” Vivianne told the druid. “I must go now. Morgause is still at large.”

“How am I explaining the broken bedding?”

“You have your means, druid. I won’t teach you that.” Vivianne left the chamber in a wisp of smoke.

“I best am gone before anyone comes in. Whoever finds the bed shall do the explanation.” Merlin was also left more physically with a shred of skin.

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...