Sunday, April 11, 2021

Trojan War Chapter 50

 50.

Artemis was upset that her aides have not identified the missing element in the core. She had banished six of the aides who had failed her expectations. She was pondering the way to seek the missing element when she was surprised by the arrival of Zeus.

“I am not prepared for your call.” Artemis was in her hunting attire. She needed the distraction to ease her tension. She lowered her bow and replaced the arrow.

“You are always ready to receive me.” Zeus had approached Artemis.

“You hold something stolen that was taken from me.” Zeus looked at Artemis. “Give it back now.”

“I …” Artemis tried to feign the claim.

“Don’t be coy with me, Artemis. I knew all my children. You do not know what you have will do to you.” Zeus cautioned the other.

“Why did you hide it from us? Why give it to Poseidon to guard?” Artemis questioned.

“The mycellion is unstable in its original condition and yet it was powerful. I had it stored away but Hephaestus was lured by his weakness. He was tempted by Hera who held her agenda.” Zeus explained. “I believed that Hephaestus was more than interested. He developed his agenda and then involved the Trojan. He held an affinity towards them.”

“Hephaestus may have the extra element and shared it with the Trojan.” Artemis cut in.

“No, Hephaestus did not have it. I had it and gave it to the Trojan. I told them how to mix it but it was still experimental till now. I was told that the material may still be unstable and may be failing as we speak.” Zeus continued.

“You used the Trojan too.” Artemis cut in again. “Are you mad?”

“No more than Hera. She wanted conflicts and I shared it with her. That was why I stopped all of you from intervening and yet when you did, I did not stop any of you. I wanted to see the next war begin and Troy was the one. I did not bargain on Paris and Helen. It was not my doing but it escalated the war from there. An unforeseen outcome from me but it worked.”

“What was your intention?” Artemis asked.

“Troy was to attack and not attacked.” Zeus smiled. “Once they had the metal installed in all their fleet but they renegade on the intention. They reinforce their shields first. Now they will pay the cost. The organic metal is failing.”

“So, we started a war that may end up in genocide,” Artemis said. “You are vicious.”

“Artemis, in a war, genocide may occur. Every warring party in war wanted to exterminate the other side. It’s the anger in their emotion. None of us are without emotions like a droid. We are living beings.” Zeus looked at Artemis.

“Your preys are the same, and yet you hunt them not for survival but to cull them to the level of extinction and then you preserved them. We are all vicious.”

“The next level of our vicious act I believed in your plan.” Artemis looked at Zeus.

“Yes, I will cease the war now. And Troy will win. They have proved themselves worthy to have the mycellion. I will have the Archaeon to submit to the Trojan.” Zeus said.

“How would you do that?” Artemis asked Zeus. “What about Hera?”

“What about Hera? She had failed in many of her schemes and now that had repeated once more. I will just end the scheme for her.”

“I will see both the Kings now.” Zeus looked at Artemis. “I want you to hold back the Gods and Goddesses. They are to stand down. The war will end.”

As mentioned before, the towers of the Olympian were never secured. The conversations were repeated to Hera.

“The fool is trying to disrupt me once more. He will not be allowed to win.” Hera looked at the other one in the chamber. “Launch our fleet to destroy Troy. The shields may be weakening and we will win. Call your lover to join us.”

“I need time to call Aphrodite,” Ares told Hera.

“Do it. I will see you at Troy.” Each God held ten motherships, twenty destroyers, fifty frigates, and a thousand fighter crafts. That tripled when the three Gods merged. The newly combined fleet headed to Troy One.

The forgotten does not mean it’s not there.

Ajax the Great have sat out the war since Achilles last left it. He had the fleet hidden away with his brother harassing on the lack of action.

“Brother, I am not keen to fight a war where the strength is imbalanced.” The elder brother looked to his other brother.

“I need to fight. I cannot sit here.” Ajax the Lesser replied. He then stood up. “I will hunt the survival of the Frontier that had fled. Are you with me?”

“Lesser, the war is over for us. Stop the fighting.” Ajax the Greater looked to his brother. “I will stand down the fleet.”

“No, brother. I have relieved you of command. I am the new commander.” Ajax the Lesser told his elder brother. “You are confined to your chamber.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...