Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Deep Heat Chapter 19


19.

“Team Three, sitrep.” Derrick called into the teams. He had three teams out there.

“We are in position.” Team Three communicated back. Team Three with three members was at the rear while One with four members was in the front and Team Two with three members were at the Servant Quarters. I was with Team One and accompanied by Ian and DI Bromley. That made us Team Five. They were massing at the house at the right of the Mansion. Colonel Tolland was handling the main assault at the Mansion with his own two SAS teams of four men each. They have ignored the house on the left but it was surrounded by Armed Responses.

“The the task is to flush them out and no shooting unless necessary.” Derrick called out. He knew that was unlikely but he has to give the Cohen a chance to surrender. He then signaled the Police Commissioner to make the call to Daniel.

“Mr. Cohen, I ….” The Police Commissioner was cut off by the other on the line. He then continued on. “I do not see the conclusion to that, Mr. Cohen. We are …. Very well. I will do what is needed.”

“Mr. Cohen does not want to negotiate or surrender. Affirmative action is approved.” The Police Commissioner placed the phone down.

“Commissioner, we have an alert of a convoy approaching the estate. The Home Defence is attending to it.” The Police Sergeant overseeing the communication relayed on. Derrick got the final nod from the Commissioner. He was to tell the others when we heard the huge explosion in the Main Mansion. The blast tore the Mansion apart and the two houses also blew up.

“We have detonation in the Mansion.” The calls went out and the teams all stood down. I was in disbelief that Cohen was suicidal but the result was seen. The three places were in flames.

“Treetop, give me an oversight.” I called out. Derrick had my bitch on the hill to oversee the estate. She was trained as a sniper. For her works, she used the Artic Warfare Sniper rifle with the Magnum 338 Lapua cartridge and a maximum range of short of four thousand meters. Her range than was about two thousand meters to the Mansion which was about the maximum impact range.

“I can’t see much with the smoke.” The bitch was right. The blaze was heavily smoked. The Cohen knew their escape strategy well. I knew they were escaping but from where. I had arrived on my scrambler. I slung the MP5 on my back and took off. We were downhill and I took towards the blaze.

“Do not shoot at the rider. It is friendly.” Derrick called in. I sighed at my reckless move but was a relief then. I rode towards the house and detoured to the rear. I saw Team Three was out in the open by the trees. I was to approach them when I heard the shots. Team Three went down, and then from the ground before them, thee convoy of four SUV shot out from the hidden platform. They were speeding to the rear with the smoke as their cover.

“I got runners. Four SUVs at the rear. Team Three is down.” I called in and gave chase. The SUVs were rugged machines for the terrain driving. I hit on the throttle and chased.

“Bitch, give me some leverage.” I called in. I got my reply soon when the rear SUV was hit by in the rear tire and went onto its skid and then over the side.

“Remind me to get you on my rear.” I called in and the second shot came. It impacted the leading SUV and the other two swerved off in different directions.

“SUV Two and Three splittings. I am going for SUV Three. You can take SUV Two.” I turned to give chase to the SUV code-named SUV Three. It went high over the mound and then disappear into the low clearing. It was riding along the ditch to avoid the sniper. I throttled hard and went parallel on the ridge. I saw the SUV held four passengers. I unslung the MP5 and let loose streams of bullets at it. The SUV took some hits but I could tell it was bulletproof from the looks of it.
“SUV Three running in ditch. They are the top tier. Bulletproof windows.”

“I got Heli’ in. Track but do not engage.” I heard the Helicopters overhead and hung back in a short distance. I saw then the SUV stopped and two passengers got off. They ran towards the treelines and then the SUV took off pursued by the Helicopter. It was a couple. When they were approaching the treelines, two more similar SUV joined the scene. Then there was the smokescreen created by the newly arrived SUV.

“Base, we have three SUVs on the ground. I am pursuing one. The others will be yours.”

Shit I cursed. I stopped the bike and tried to see the couple. They were hardly seen in the smokescreen. Sirens could be heard and that means the pursuit was on.

“Bitch, do you have sight?” The bitch shot near my front wheel. I guessed she does not like to be called a bitch. As I was to pursue on, I saw the Mini Clubman appeared and took off in the opposite direction. It was hugging the treeline to avoid detection by the helicopter.

“Mini on the treeline.” I called in and went into pursuit. The scrambler was not built for its handling on the rugged terrain but also on the clearing, it raced like a cheetah

“Mini insight.” I called in when I was at the rear of the Mini. I could not make out the occupants but I leveled the MP5 and shot at it. At that distance and bike’s handling, I was off the mark.

“Bitch, take the Mini.” I called out and the shot came in the reply at the Mini. It missed but the Mini had swerved into the area of the trees. That was a blind spot for the sniper but it was mine to devour. I throttled in and swept past the branches and roots with my deft handling and was soon parallel to the Mini. With a target that wide and huge, I could not miss it. I fired another few burst from the MP5 before I was whacked by the low branch. I was sent hurtling backward but the sound of the Mini crashing was also heard by me. I crouched up and leveled the MP5 towards where the Mini was. It did crash into the tree trunk.

“Mini down. I am going in.” I moved on my tired and painful joints towards the Mini. The front was damaged but the passenger area looked secured. The rear wheels were still spinning and then I saw the driver.

It was my other bitch; Liz Tan. She had landed on the dashboard with part of her head against the front glass screen. Next to her was Daniel Cohen; barely alive and needed help.

“Medical assistance required. I got Daniel.”

Soon, after the assistance arrived, I was told that they lost the SUVs

“Of the three SUVs, we managed to stop one. The other two were ditched and the Matriarch escaped.” Derrick told me. “We can do much with the Mansion. It’s a wipeout.”

It was then Red Head slammed the buttstock of her rifle into my face.

I was smiling when they bandaged me at the Medical Centre.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...