Sunday, March 22, 2020

Tweet tweet 22/03/20.... Day 4 and kicking

We are into Day 4 of the lockdown, and in the last four days, I made 2 trips to the stores and came back half loads ( the shelves were emptying by the hour. No pasta sauces but lots of sardines.). I clocked in 50 km in the last three days; record for my driving distance.

But I clocked in time on my tales. I have done my recovery from the HP harddisk and completed the Migrant Tales ( Migrant I, II, and III, and today probably IV. ). Short tales and fun. A number of cliques on the local dialects and people.

What's next? Besides having watched Netflix (Knightfall, Unit 42; did Fisher Murders last week all three seasons) and also watched YOUTUBE ( heard the crooners on the VOICE and watched some B-grade SCI-Fi). Saw Red Superman; the version where Supes landed in Russia and watched him fight the Americans (yawn) with Batty, Lanterns, and Luthor on the other side. I asked myself what was missing? I got it. It got 'trumpet' off in the time period.

So, am I inspired to write? I have some ideas but still digging the contents out. I will do one soon.

Till then, au revoir and if you are in lockdown stay calm and watch TV or surf. Or read a book. Or better still, dig up the old comics and read. You can never tell what you had missed out in life now.

The joke of the day.

Yesterday, I went to the pharmacist and bought some items. She was about my age.

"You sure you need condoms?" She looked hard at me.

"Yes, I do not want to get infected by my hand."

She sold me one and free another.

Today, I went over.

"Here, take this." She offered me antibacterial wipes. "You see the McD staff wiped the table. Do it like them."

"I don't have any tabletops to wipe." She offered me her's.

It's never the age but aging makes it enduring. Thank you, God. I still have something useful for me.

I did not step into KFC after that. I was tongue dried.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...