Monday, February 1, 2016

TTO Episode 2.3

2.3          Planet under attack.
I followed her in the armored vehicle while she rode the bike. We were moving through the city elevated highways making for where she was headed. She had ignored me during the journey. I can’t blame her for every mile of the city we saw carnage on the city. The Stingers were uncontested in the skies and they were hitting the survivals hard. I then saw her pulled into the nearby mountain.
I knew then why she had ride towards there.
One of the terms of the alliance in the Federation of Planets was that the others were not allowed to have their own fleet. Only the Federation of Planets hade that privileges and it was controlled by the Monscrats. The Federation promised the allied members of their protection. Some of the allied members argued hard for the own defenses in the case when the Federation of Planets may be delayed. For the sake of a peaceful takeover, the Federation of Planets relented and allowed them to build their planet defenses.
The mountain held the only one defense of the planet.
The Navaro Cannons.  
The Mistral leaders have retained that set of defense for planetary control. It compromises of two huge cannons that measured over a hundred feet in length with a radius of twelve feet. Its energy shot was fed by the huge conversion generator inside the mountain where it tapped into the planet molten core for it power. Each shot could reach beyond the planet atmosphere and destroy a frigate size ship or create major damage to a cruiser.
We reached the mountain just in time to see the Stingers were engaged by the Navaro Cannons defense system. The archaic defense system was the twelve rotary cannons mounted on the turrets placed at strategic locations around the mountain top. The defense system was holding up well against the squadron of Stingers. I saw Edo rode into the mountain entrance and parked at the open cavern. I took myself to follow her into the transporter that was lifting us up. She had not spoken but the mountain sides groaned its misery on being bombarded. She got off on the level that led us to the open hanger. I was awed by the sight.
It was pathetic.
Six Mistral fighters were stationed there and the technicians were arming it. I have not seen any of those fighters in flight nor action since I was activated.
“Edo, those…” I was to raise my objection at the show pieces.
“Daniel, those are the pride of our people once. They are named the Kingfisher.”
The Kingfisher design was an upright two seaters craft with the two side drawn back side wings and a awesome top cockpit where the pilot resides. Just below the cockpit level was the rotary six cannons which fired the deadly shots with the array of mini missiles on its wings. The Kingfisher could fly in any direction in its upright position. It was able to fly sideways or in their favorite hunting flight of the ‘s’ formation.  The craft center hill was shaded orange while its cannons were red with the wings the shades of ocean blue.
“Trust in the Kingfisher. The last great pilot was Sasaki Moto. He had fifty five aces on his hull.” Edo was trying to be convincing but those facts were a century ago. The Kingfishers have been salvaged or destroyed since then. Well, apparently not all.
Edo grabbed a flight helmet with the suit given to her and then proceeded to dress. The lady had no shame with her stripping before those gaping technicians. I stepped forth to cover her with my body but she was a fast dresser. The suit was an orange flabby overall and when dressed, she pressed the codes for the suit to adjust to her frame with the correct compensation for comfort. God, the skin tight overall then was more revealing than her other suit. I motioned  to the technician for my suit but it was declined.
“Construct, you don’t need one. Your frame will be able to withstand the ‘g’ force.” The technician gave me the once over look. “More to it, we don’t have implants slots. Ours are designed for the ladies.”
Damn! The day they allowed ladies to be technicians was the start of discrimination for us constructs. They truly did not appreciate add on implants.
“Daniel, climb in.” Edo had taken the pilot seat and that left me with the navigator’s position below. The seating arrangement was vertical hence I got the up view of her bottom.  I was not to complain there; it was one of my favored postures at her.  On seated, the craft system took over. I soon find myself strapped into the seat; it was more of a ‘T’ padding that curved up to my chest and locked me in for safety.  While I was doing a system check, I asked Edo if she had flown this craft before.
“Yes, in the simulator.” God! If I was given more access to my emotional sensors, I may have leaked oil then. I was to reply when she addressed another person outside the craft.
“Kuzuka? I did not know you were in the program.” I looked out from my view glass and saw Kuzuka in the orange suit. He was carrying his flight helmet with the Mitoushi emblem.

“Hai, Edo. I am the representative of the Houses.” All the pilots of the Kingfisher were secretly recruited and trained individually. “I see you represent the Enforcers.” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...