Wednesday, February 17, 2016

TTO Episode 5.3

5.3         
The wall cover collapsed on my punch. It was a think wall with a unique locking mechanism of gears and switches but my crude approach was the logical one. I have no idea how the key looked like. It was big enough for me to squeeze through. There was another chamber there but it was built of shelves with the scrolls and bounded hard reading materials. I gauged from my scanner, there was five thousand five hundred and nine books.
“By the words of Master Seldon, this place is huge.” Greco gasped out his wonderment on the new discovery. He was to rush forth when I stopped him.
“Don’t do that. I need to scan for the items which were most recently moved.” It may be my guide to Grand Master Seldon notes on the assumption it was last placed there. The scan revealed most of the documents have not been moved for over five hundred years at least. There were some that was moved from the layers of dusts there in the last hundred years. I was keen on something moved in the last fifty years and found none. So that left me with a dozen notes in several places. I moved in on those and narrowed the search to the last five within an hour. It was the wrong selections. I was wrong and then I moved to the other batches. It was a stroke of light as what Edo would have said if she found the notes. For me, it was a process of eliminations.
Then I found the notes. It was the cover on the top that intrigued me. It held an image of the small hand scale. On the right side of the scale was the same eye and on the other side of the scale were the five small circles around a bigger circle. I felt the circuitry in my frame moved with the surging currents. I knew those symbols.
The eye was the symbol of the Order. The Order oversees everything including the Light and Dark side. The circles were the symbol of the five fingers in the grasp of the bigger circle which represent the people. Or in other form of representation the symbol of control or power.
The revelations on the first notes matched most of the events that happened in the last hundred years. Grand Master Seldon did not state his revelations in plain words but in a series of one liner. Some of those lines read alone would not reveal much but if the events were matched to some evens then the answer was there.
The takeover by the Moncrats with the alliance from the Order of the Dark was seen by the Grand Master. The dominance by the Order of the Dark over the others including the Moncrats was also there. The most interesting was one riddle I read that intrigued me.
“The Old Master once of flesh became mechanical with its power on the movement that reached far and wide.” I read that as the rumour of the Grand Order Illium have died and his mind moved into the system. I read on for more what may be termed as recent entries.
“The quest for the last one will be intense but the quest will be long while the one will remain the last. The last one will be protected and then violated. Beware the last one is without emotions.” Those lines were the last one in the notes. If I had human emotions, I would have felt the shivers down my spine but I was a construct. I could fuck but that was as human I may be. I read the line once more and felt my system stirring inside me. Those lines may mean Edo who was the last of her line. She was most times without any emotions. Even her fucks was then without any emotions. She wanted the pleasures and not the lovey ties.
“What are you reading there?” Greco snapped my thoughts then. I looked towards him.
“The notes.” I replied. I was wary of the Grecian. “It may not be the one we seek.”
“Then let us continue looking.” The Grecian bent to the task while I stood there. I began to have doubts on Greco. If he read those notes, he may interpret them better. That will be the end of Edo and myself. I reacted then.
I tapped his shoulder. He stood up and turned to look at me. My right hand then went out to punch him in the face. The blow was deadly with my construct strength behind it. I crushed his nose and then forced the splinter of the bones into his brain. Greco fell down onto his knees with his hands holding the blood that was flowing from his nose. I kicked him aside and moved to open the last notes.
Somehow I stopped then.
I got the system interferences in me. I recalled those earlier lines that made me kill Greco. Maybe I misread the lines. It may not be Edo that the Grand Master Seldon was referring to.
It could be me.
I was the last of my model.
DN-501.
There were no others.
That was what father told me.

“You are the first and the last.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...