Monday, February 29, 2016

TTO Episode 7.3

7.3
The sickle came in hard and fast from the side but I blocked it with the left hand. My right hand holding the dagger when in for the slash on the throat but she retreated. I turned my body and kicked out with the left leg but she had retreated further. I was not stopping then and kicked out a front right kick. She tried to retreat but was blocked. Her back was against the wall and she used her left hand to block the kick. Without a second thought, I pulled back my leg and then used the knee to kick low. I got her in the crotch but she had her sickle handle hit the kicking knee. I fell back holding the knee. She was hurt but I was taking any chance then. I rolled hard to escape. I then stood up and stood on my good leg. Darth Natria was standing a distance away and her left hand was rubbing her crotch.
“You are good Enforcer but I had more fights than you.” Darth Natria gloated on her defensive moves. “I should have seen that coming but it was mostly for the bad boys.”
 I saw her other attribute which she was over confident. I moved my weight onto the right foot and did the unexpected. I was taught by the masters that the way to rush at anyone was to get the proper momentum when you shoot off with the legs. With the momentum from the legs I rushed at her.  My body slam move knocked her off balance and we both went down in a heap. I rolled off her but not before I kicked out with my left leg. It made contact on her face hard. She rolled over while I half crouched on my feet. I have lost my dagger but she still had her sickle. I looked for the dagger and found it nearby. I threw myself across the distance and grabbed the dagger with my left hand. I turned around and saw her half crouched glaring at me.
“It’s a good fight, Enforcer. I sensed your strength but you are still raw.” Darth Natria spoke out. “Not many or should I say even fewer have fought me had come this far. You are truly the exceptional.”
I stood up and held the dagger at my side. I was heaving in the deep breaths with my eyes on her. She was good, and better than most I have fought. I shifted the dagger from the hammer to the ice pick grip, my favourite style. The Darth had also stood up and held the sickle in her right hand.
“Shall we dance one more?” Darth Natria took on her fighting stance again. I however ignored her and took a new stance. I spread my arms with the legs clammed shut. It was a new one I learned from a dynamic dancer.
“Your confidence may be your downfall.” Darth Natria rushed over with the arms spread behind her. She took two steps and then jumped. She did a body somersault but I had rushed to the side. She landed and swung out her arms. The sickle barely missed me but I had my dagger stabbed down. I aimed at her right elbow and slashed at the sleeve. She had her left arm lashed out and landed me a hard chop on the right shoulder. The pain was intense but I had shut myself to pain after the knee hit.  I fell backwards again but my hard training paid off. My right leg went out at the other’s knee. I gave her the same pain but both of us felt the sore pain. I held my arm over the sore shoulder and stood there. She was hobbling on her good leg and held the sickle.
“We are even, Enforcer.” Darth Natria called out. “It’s unfortunate. I am tired of the fight.”
The troopers came streaming in with their rifles drawn. They covered the cavern and then I saw Kuzuka and Henna were led in without their weapons. There were more troopers with them. I then sensed the trap that was sprung on me.
“You were a fool, Edo Harashi.” Darth Natria looked at me.

“Darth, we lost the other one.” The trooper reported. I knew then Daniel was missing.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...