Saturday, February 20, 2016

TTO Episode 6.1

Episode 6
The Book of Natria
6.1         
If there was a description to describe the chamber of Grand Order Illium, it was built in the design of a huge coliseum. I was despatched there to First Temple of the Dark on Montrie V. It was not the prime planet among the five that made up the Monscrat Empire but that one housed the main armies of the Federation of Planets. It housed three space ports on the surface that serviced all the ships in the fleet with five orbital space ports for the Scimitars ships. It also held a hundred troopers’ bases with one land continent of over six hundred miles reserved for training of these troopers.
It was also the home of the Grand Order Illium. His mind was encased and linked to the main system that was housed inside the high wall huge coliseum that stands ten level high with a radius of half a mile. The coliseum held four entrances with the stairs that led to the central hundred feet round podium in the middle. The sides of the coliseum was affixed consoles and equipment which were linked to the six hundred huge processors maintained by the one thousand and six constructs in the sub-terrain of three levels.
The coliseum was surrounded by the mile wide open ground layered with the white gleaming rock surface. Beneath the surface was the automated defence system with a complement of ten squads numbering five hundred troopers. No crafts were allowed to fly inside the five miles radius of the coliseum ground and all access was by the single hover train that moved from the northern entrance towards the coliseum structure. I board the twenty seats automated hover train and took the ten minute ride to the coliseum. I disembark there and walked into the coliseum. The place was dark but each walk I took, the area around me will light up. I looked into the darkness and there were no servants there to greet me.
I was all alone.
I took my walk and then saw the ascending stairs. It was wide at about ten feet across and soon I began my climb. The stairs measured two hundred and nine steps before I reached the middle podium. I took my steps towards the centre of the podium and stared into the dark walls of the coliseum. Then the place began to light up starting with the coliseum walls moving downwards from the top. The lighting soon spread to the podium which when lighted up made the floor looked transparent. If you are not prepared for it, the feeling then was as if you were standing in the air.
“Stella, welcome back.” The hologram of the Grand Order appeared in front. The image showed the Grand Order dressed as always in the dark gown with the matching dark overcoat and hood. The overcoat held five red stripes on its back that were embossed in as if was clawed across the back from the left shoulder to the right thigh. His face was half covered by the red mask on his right side to the edge of the mouth. There was no slot for the eye but in its place was a dark yellow jewel that was placed there. The jewel was reputed to be the Eye of Jana; the reputable icon worn by the tyrant then of Jana.
“I saved this for the Lords.” The bastard was mocking me. “They liked the formal dressing or maybe they detest my current looks.”
The hologram changed to a new image. It was still his face except there was only half. The half which was covered by the red mask before had been replaced with the connectors and cables. Unfortunately, the Eye of Jana was still there; the eye among the wires. He changed back to his younger self.
“Well, I am back.” The bastard actually grinned. If only he knew, I disliked the younger look of his too or any of his image. I was there because I was his apprentice.
“I called you back because of your failure to secure the … the other apprentice at Mistral.” I pulled the hood back from my face. I glared at the hologram. I won’t apologies for my dismal performance.
“I am talking to you, Darth Natria.” The Grand Order was upset with my silence and he called me by given name. “You do know that nothing evades my intelligence staff. The attempt at Traders’ Post was not your usual tasks. The loss of the frigate? Are you ..”
“The frigate was not my fault. The Admiral planned the …” I snapped back.
“Admiral Hoffman was in command but you were to coordinate with him. Instead you went off on your own excursion to Mistral.” The Master had replied. “His loss is also your responsibility. The Admiral is already reporting that loss to the Council of Nine. Your name was plastered there. I don’t cordon failures.”
“The Admiral…” I wanted to defend myself.
“Darth Natria, there’s decline in you.” The Master hit back. “I think you need a new training. There is one other that you would like to meet. You were once with them as the apprentices’.”
I was one of the earlier apprentices with five others. I knew two others died during the training.
So that leaves two names then.

Zita Corleone and Anatoly Petrich. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...